1.30: the end of the world

The Hargreeves siblings, plus Maya and Aurora, charged at Vanya at full speed. The woman in white sent out a blinding blast, suspending all of them into the air with energy tentacles. Aurora looked at the people she's grown fond of, watching as the life drained from each of them. Her eyes started to get droopy as well, a lot of memories flashing behind her eyelids.

"Hey, do you wanna be friends? We could work together to get out of this place."

"I'm Five. Five Hargreeves."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"'Peace on Earth.' That's so sweet."

"If I didn't know he was such a prick, I'd say he looks almost adorable in his sleep."

"We need to stick together."

"You can see me?"

Memories of each of the people around her kept appearing in her mind as her breathing slowed. Even Judah and her parents came across her mind.

"Is this Aurora?"

"Do I have a middle name?"

"Aminah."

"God, you're so beautiful."

"Of course, this is your home."

"I love her, and I love them. I'm starting to love Aurora, too."

All of those memories faded as she heard a gunshot fire, making her, along with everyone else, fall to the ground. Aurora looked up to find Vanya shaking violently, her back arched and her power shooting towards the ceiling. Then, the woman collapsed at Allison's feet, making the teen scramble up onto the stage and crawl towards her.

"Vanya," The brunette breathed, bringing the pale woman's body into her arms. Allison bent down to check her pulse. "Is she?" The woman nodded, making Aurora sigh in relief.

"Oh, thank God," Klaus whispered.

"We did it," Luther smiled breathlessly. "We saved the world." Everyone started talking amongst themselves, Vanya now in Allison's arms, and Maya clutching Aurora in hers.

"I can't believe we're even alive right now," Maya cried happily.

"I know, this is so surreal."

"AV," Diego called, his arms open wide. The brunette smiled, rushing into him. "If he hurts you, I'll hurt him."

Aurora scoffed. "I can take care of myself, Number Two."

"I know, but I wanna contribute to kicking his ass. Promise me that we'll tag team him if he ever does."

"Now, that's a promise that I can't turn down," The teenage girl laughed, walking towards Five and hugging him as well.

"Uh, guys," Klaus said. "You see that big moon rock coming towards us?"

Maya snorted. "I guess the apocalypse did have something to do with the moon, eh?"

"Not the right time, Em," Aurora chortled slightly. "Although, it's great that your sense of humor is still intact."

"So much for saving the world," The Seance murmured.

Diego stared at the rock. "If only Sir Reginald could see us right now, huh? The Umbrella Academy. A total failure."

"At least we're together at the end," Luther sighed. "As a family."

"Wait," Aurora whipped around. "Am I considered family now, monkey man?"

Number One hummed in response, ignoring the nickname. "Maya too."

"This doesn't have to be the end," Five announced. "I think I have a way out of here, but you gotta trust me on this."

The entire group chorused their versions of 'no,' which made Maya perk up.

"Well, then, we might as well accept our fate," She stated. "Because in less than a minute, we're gonna be vaporized! I don't know about y'all, but I'm not  trying to die today."

Diego turned to his younger brother. "What's your idea, then?"

"We use his ability to time travel," Aurora elaborated. "With me here, there's a better chance of us traveling safely."

Five agreed. "Yeah, I can take you guys with me."

"You can do that?" The Kraken asked.

"We don't know, the most we've traveled is with three people."

"What's the worst that can happen?"

Aurora gestured to herself. "You're looking at it, Dora. A 58 year old inside a 17 year old body."

"Oh, what the hell? I'm in," Diego spoke.

"I've already stated whose side I'm on," Maya verbalized, stepping toward her two best friends.

"Yeah, whatever," Klaus shrugged. "I'm in."

"Me too," Luther said. "Allison?" The woman nodded.

Ben suddenly appeared for Aurora. "I'm in too." She gave the boy a small smile.

"Good to see that you're back, Ben."

"Yeah. It's nice to see you too, Aurora." She nodded at everyone.

"Okay, great. Luther, grab Vanya." Five ordered.

"Wait, should we be taking her? I mean, she's the cause of the apocalypse. Isn't that like taking the bomb with us?"

"The apocalypse will always happen," Maya disagreed. "And Vanya will always be the cause, unless we take her with us and help her." Everyone nodded, glancing at each other before joining hands.

Five looked at Aurora, clasping their hands together. "You ready?"

"Ready when you are," She replied. The boy nodded and started concentrating, which made the shapeshifter follow. A blue and black vortex appeared above the group of ten (including Ben), it getting stronger within every second.

"Hold on, it's gonna get messy!" Aurora watched as all of the Hargreeves siblings started to look younger, their bodies shifting and changing as if they were going back in time.

The vortex started getting even larger, eventually engulfing them. The group disappeared, just barely avoiding the end of the world.