1.29: the plan

"Alright," Luther said, finally coming back. "Where's Five?"

"Gone," Aurora answered. "Decided to run a quick errand half an hour before we have to save the world."

"Well, we're not waiting around for him."

"Okay," Maya said. "So, what's the plan?"

"Well... I think that, uh... we go to the Icarus Theater."

"Not a plan," Aurora retorted. "Look, Luther. You want to be the team leader, make the tough decisions, all that broody stuff... you gotta at least be good at making plans."

"Exactly," Diego agreed with the brunette. "You're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now, we're all over the place."

"Uh, guys?" Maya spoke over everyone. "We've got a problem." As soon as those words left her mouth, the men in masks that stormed in started to shoot at the group. Everyone ducked for cover, people screaming and shouting over the loud bullets that rang out.

"Who the hell are these guys?"

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday," Klaus screamed back.

Aurora smacked the man in the back of the head. "Do you even have a brain? They're obviously here for us!"

Everyone thought of ways to retaliate, while Diego started throwing his knives at the masked men. His knife hit a man, knocking him into the stereo and turning on the disco lights.

Suddenly, Saturday Night  by Bay City Rollers started to play. Luther started throwing bowling balls, while the Seance stood up and grabbed a large birthday cake, launching it as hard as he could at the group shooting at him. The cake smashed into one of the men's faces.

"Nice throw," Maya yelled from across the room.

Klaus peeked his head out again. "They're blocking the exit!"

"So, what's the plan now, Luther?"

Allison waved her arms wildly to get the group's attention. She pointed at the lanes, which made everyone nod and run toward it.

"You guys go," Aurora screeched over the loud noises. "I've got this."

"What? No," Everyone protested, but the girl didn't listen.

She tried to concentrate on Vanya's power, feeling it build up inside her. The men shot at her, but the bullets didn't puncture her body. Mustering up as much energy from the sounds as possible, Aurora let out a blood curdling scream, sending a powerful sound wave at the shooters. She watched as they all fell to the ground, but she didn't get to stare for long, as Klaus yanked on her arm. The man dragged her down the lanes, the pair sliding into the pins and landing on the ground.

"Never do that again," The entire group chorused simultaneously at the seventeen year old before them.

Aurora shoved her friends through the back exit. "I saved us some time, didn't I? Let's go!"

-time skip-

After bickering endlessly on their way there and outside of the theater, all six of the group members went inside of the building with a plan.

"This plan is stupid as hell," Maya whispered loudly. "Surround her from all angles? Are you freaking kidding me?! She single handedly destroyed half of your house, and you guys want to tag team her?"

"Shut up," Luther hissed. He and Diego waited a few more seconds before darting towards Vanya. The woman saw them coming and sent out a large blast and sent them flying off the stage. The audience screamed, scrambling out of the theater.