1.19: speechless

"I don't know," Five mumbled. "Yet."

"But we do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse," Aurora piped up after a while. "So we have to find him. Now would be preferable."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"We don't know," The boy replied.

"Wait," Diego stepped forward. "So you just know his name? That's it?"

"That's enough," Aurora frowned. "I don't see you guys coming up with ideas."

Number Two remarked, "There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city."

"Well," Maya sighed. "We just better start looking then."

"I'm sorry," Allison scoffed. "Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how--" Aurora tuned the woman out as she heard a soft grunt. She turned to Five who was holding onto his side. The brunette got up and walked toward him, raising an eyebrow. He shook his head and looked at his sister.

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah," Klaus murmured, sarcastically. "I think I remember those guys."

"Yeah," Diego agreed. "The ones that attacked us while you two lovebirds were getting drunk."

"What is it with you guys and that damn word?" Aurora rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in irritation.

Five snorted beside her. "Trust me, I don't get it either."

"Anyways," Maya yelled to get their attention. "They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop us from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth."

Allison frowned again. "The temps what?"

"Our former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So Aura and I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics."

"'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible, or at least helpful toward the apocalypse," Aurora said. The room was silent for a second.

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"Where is this Hazel, Five?"

"Where is this headquarters you're talking about, Five?"

"My skin is on fire," Klaus whispered, gaining the attention of Maya. She touched his shoulder in concern, but he didn't say anything else.

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison stammered.

"You know what else is insane? We," Maya snapped, standing up. She started pointing to herself and her two best friends. "Look like underage children. Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that goddamn overcoat. Everything about every single one of us is insane, and that's the way it is."

"She's got a point there," Klaus pointed out.

"We didn't choose this life," Five added. "We're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

Allison spoke matter-of-factly, "But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

Aurora gestured to everyone. "Because we're all here, Al. We have the name of the man responsible, and we have the full force of the Umbrella Academy. With two new additions to the group."

"Exactly, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire," Five asserted.

"You know her name?" The woman asked softly.

"Sorry," The tan skinned girl raised a hand slightly. "I told him. Did you not want me to?"

"No, it's fine."

"Okay. Well... I'd like to live long enough to meet her, so if you guys wouldn't mind, I'd like to wrap up this conversation and go kick some ass." Maya snorted at the girl's comment, muttering an "I'm in" and standing up.

"You two had me at Gerald Jenkins," Diego agreed.

Five corrected his brother. "Harold Jenkins."

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else."

"Luther," Maya looked at him. "What about you?"

"You guys go," The man replied. "I'm gonna stay and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the Moon."

"Seriously?" Aurora, Maya and Diego all spoke in unison.

Diego continued. "Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and Dad?"

"Baka," Maya muttered under her breath. Everyone turned to her with their eyebrows raised. "What? I watched a lot of anime when I was younger, don't judge me just because I had a childhood. Plus, I speak it fluently."

Klaus frowned. "What does that even mean?"

Allison, Aurora and Five answered simultaneously. "It means idiot in Japanese."

Luther ignored Maya. "Dad said 'Watch for threats.' You guys think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."

"No," Allison started. "We need to stick together."

"We don't have time for this," Aurora snapped.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole," The Kraken announced. "Klaus, you're with me."

"Yeah, I'm good. I think I'll uh... I think I'll pass, I'm feeling a little under the weather." The man got up to leave the room.

"Jesus fucking Christ," Maya yelled in anger. "Can you all just stop thinking about yourselves? The world doesn't revolve around you, and it sure isn't gonna keep your asses alive when it ends. If you want to be little pussies and back out, that's on you. But if you actually want to live to see Sunday morning, get your entitled asses out there and get the damn job done!" The chaos manipulator strolled out of the room.

Everyone stood there for a moment, speechless. Well, except Five and Aurora, who followed the girl out.

"Now, you fucking imbeciles!" The rest of the Hargreeves siblings quickly snapped out of it and walked away to wherever they were going.