miss americana

pairing: n/a
type: other
au: celebrities (trans-deidara)

summary: "you drew stars around my scars..."

a/n: in the celebrity au, he is taylor swift. irl, she is praised for being the most successful, brave and life-changing female artist, but in this world, deidara is praised for becoming the most strong and influential transgender celebrity - ever.
this is practically a deidara tribute so if you don't stan him, just leave<3

for the red carpet outfit, look up taylor swift iheartradio outfit and for the performance outfit, look up taylor swift rainbow outfit. both are the first result :))

xxx

The lights dim and the backstage doors open. He walks onto the large stage and stares at the dots of light illuminating from the crowd's phones. Everyone cheers and his mind fills with one sentence:

Don't fuck this up for yourself.

This ain't for the best
My reputation's never been worse
You must like me for me

The opening to 'Delicate' fades into 'ME!' and his mind goes blank.

xxx

When he released 'Tim McGraw,' that was the start of a brand new life for him. To be sixteen and have a number one album - especially as a woman - was unspeakable in that time period. It was insane.

If you were nominated to an award with Deidara in the lineup, better luck next time. He was going one-hundred miles faster than the speed limit and no one could stop his recklessness. He'd never been happier.

Ever since he was a little girl writing song lyrics in the little pink journals with an ink quilt, he'd dreamt of winning awards left and right. He'd become the best singer on the planet. Every child has dreamed of it at some point, really.

But it only takes one person to ruin everything.

At the 2011 VMA's, Deidara won the award for Best Female Music Video for 'Love Story.' During his speech, she said, "I've always dreamt of winning one of these but I never thought it would actually happen!" Then, before anyone could stop him, Hidan was on the stage to accompany the teen. "It was weird, yeah," he said back then, "Because well... it was Hidan!"

"Deidara, I'm really proud of you and everything, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!"

The crowd roared in response to his insanity. Beyoncé was beyond shocked and Deidara was so crushed. His night had been going perfect until the fatal incident occurred. It had a chain reaction and lots of controversy would come from that night. What made it worse is that Hidan would not have done that to any of the other contestants. He did it to Deidara because he was a young, seventeen year old girl who was vulnerable and he didn't think he deserved the award. 

Critics praised him and stood up for Deidara after the 'Hidan incident.' (Even the US president, Barrack Obama called Hidan out.) "She is shaping the music industry and Hidan had no right to do that," a journalist said. "Even if it was true you can't interrupt a teenage girl's award speech just for the fun of it. It's just plain wrong and as an adult he needs to understand that."

Deidara grew up thinking that he needed to be the perfect girl and that to be perfect you must become the person everyone wants you to be. He thought that he was only there because he made decent music and was nice, not because he deserved to be.