the memorial stone

pairing: n/a
type: angst
setting: various
era: various

summary: for now, he will stay alive.

a/n: contains spoilers

xxx

something that team seven has always hated is the fact that their sensei and future sixth hokage, kakashi hatake, has no sense of time. during the chuunin exams, sasuke was almost disqualified because of their lousy, pervert of a teacher.

it seemed that the more important something was, the later he'd be.

but it wasn't intentionally done. he never said, "i'm gonna show up late just to annoy everyone." no, he didn't.

and sometimes he feels guilty for it. sometimes he tells himself to stop thinking that way and to think before ruining entire events because you can't just not attend a meeting.

kakashi is always late because he goes to the memorial stone to give tribute to his fallen comrades and friends; to be specific, obito and rin.

after that, he'll come up with some lame excuse, such as, "i got lost on the path of life," or, "i saw a black cat on the short path so i had to take the long one."

obito used to be late because he stopped to help someone or something else would happen. after he died, kakashi picked up on his bad habit.

if only he knew that the masked man he met previously was actually him.

xxx

a short & angsty drabble I wrote in public. :)

238 words