my tears ricochet

pairing: jiraiya x tsunade
type: angst
setting: n/a
era: shippuden

summary: help me hold onto you

a/n: I know this is a straight couple but I couldn't help it. also, the video at the top goes along with it. MAJOR SPOILERS THOUGH-

it's one of my older amv's so probably not the best ever, please bare with me

xxx

tsunade practically gave up on love. she got to a certain point where it just seemed pointless to keep searching for a man to date or marry. she figured fate had chose for her to be alone forever.

some people accept it, as did she.

she didn't find a man necessary. being the first woman hokage in history, it gives you a sense of pride where you don't need some strong man to run the house. you run it by yourself and do it with your head in the clouds. besides, she had shizune and tonton. isn't that better than a husband?

before jiraiya's self-advised mission, she felt like life was perfect and ideal. she had a lot more years to live and was going to live them to the fullest. when jiraiya announced that he'd be setting off to fight pain, her heart skipped a beat and screamed, 'don't let him go!'

she listened. she tried and tried to get his attention and to make him realize that this is not okay. that he is not strong enough to do this alone and that to kill someone as strong as the leader of the akatsuki, you need help to do it.

on the flip side, jiraiya did not listen to her.

he left. he left and he went to fight and kill pain and he ended up killing himself in the process.

so now tsunade has to live without his pervy comments. she has to live knowing that they'll never gamble again. that he'll never get to watch naruto train and grow again.

and that pain hurts more than any other.

xxx

yes this is super short, but that's sort of what I was aiming for. I gave it a nice sad aura and a kinda depressing vibe so yeah :)

this is different from my other oneshots, though

373 words