positions

pairing: naruto x sasuke
type: fluff (?), other
au: modern au

summary: naruto carries a lot on his tray.

a/n: sasuke and naruto have families. also, sasuke is a lawyer and naruto is the ice cream man. but he gets payed a lot don't worry-

OH also ik Sasuke doesn't like sweets in the anime but in this, he likes chocolate. milk chocolate, not white or dark. yeah❤

and finally, this is not completed. i would just like advice on whether or not i should finish it. thanks for understanding

xxx

Naruto met Sasuke on a warm summer day at work. A warm day that just so happened to be the day of an Uchiha get-together. Obviously Sasuke didn't want to be there, so after hearing the magical tune, he decided to sneak away and get some ice cream to lighten his mood.

"I want ice cream!" his cousin's son yelled and sprinted out the door after recognizing the familiar jingle. Sasuke followed behind with a one dollar bill clenched in his hand. "Hi," he heard the worker smile down at the boy. "Are you his dad?" he asked Sasuke with a sigh. Sasuke simply shook his head. "I can't decide," the young boy pouted and looked up at Sasuke for reassurance.

Naruto leaned out the window and skimmed over the menu of ice creams. "I like the SpongeBob ones," he giggled cheekily, making a fire ignite in the child's eyes. "Yeah, yeah! I wan' a SpongeBob one!" Sasuke's cousin rushed out the door to pay for her son's shenanigans. "I am so sorry," she apologized with an awkward smile. The wind blew her hair all around. "It's fine, you don't have to worry! If you don't have the money for it I can put it on the house," Naruto kindly offered. Sasuke watched from behind as his cousin declined the offer and payed in cash. "Thank you!" he called and turned to Sasuke.

"Hi," Naruto repeated. "What would you like?" Having prepared already, Sasuke tapped the side. "One of those chocolate covered things. Where did the name go?"

Naruto ineptly chuckled and said, "It just fades over time. Nothing special." Sasuke hummed and waited for the blonde worker to reach back into his truck to get the ice cream. "Are you just gonna stare at me?" he eventually asked with a deadpan tone. Shaking him out of his trance, Naruto nodded and subtly apologized. Sasuke tapped his foot and stepped forward to grab his popsicle. "Hey," Naruto started, "Are you... Are you straight?"

Caught off guard, Sasuke asked, "What did you just say?" Naruto hissed in regret and scratched the back of his neck with as a result. "I'm sorry, that was kinda personal, I didn't-"

"I'm gay," Sasuke interrupted. Naruto's eyes changed in an instant, almost like he's relieved, or astonished that the man of his dreams was right there and gay. "Oh, that's nice," he whispered. Not knowing what else to say, he went to the topic of paying. "Cash or card?" Sasuke snorted. "Cash, who uses card at an ice cream truck?"

"Believe me, people do it," Naruto laughed. Sasuke handed him the cash and reached into his pocket. Reaching up, he handed Naruto a small card to accompany the cash. "My number is on there," he pointed out with no trace of a smile. "If you wanna talk, text me and we can talk."

Naruto looked dismayed and in total shock. He spat out, "Thanks."

Satisfied, Sasuke watched the truck drive away and down the street of their nice neighborhood. He walked up the driveway with a suspicious smile on his face. Sitting on the porch, Itachi immediately noticed this and stopped his conversation with Shisui to bring it up. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing," Sasuke grumbled and sat down next to his older brother. Itachi coughed before elaborating. "Was that ice cream guy flirting with you? And I thought I saw you give him your card." Sasuke smirked and tore the wrapper off of his popsicle. He started sucking on it with a giddy feeling. "Yeah, I did."

That night, just as Sasuke got home, he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. With some muddled curses, he reached behind himself to check the notification.

Unknown number: uhh hi!! this is the ice cream guy😊 my name is Naruto

His heartrate immediately sped up as he ran up the stairs to his home. Quickly shoving the front door open and kicking his shoes off, he replied.

Me: Hey.

Sasuke set his phone on the kitchen counter and felt his cat, Oreo rub against his ankle. Oreo is black and white with a white stripe on her forehead, sandwiched in between black. He came up with the name because it reminded him of an oreo. He fed her and then ran back to the phone. Luckily, Naruto had already responded.

Unknown number: that was a pretty boring response

Me: What did you expect, to hear about my entire life story? You're an ice cream guy that probably gets minimum wage pay so if you want this fine piece of ass you have to impress me :)

He usually doesn't say stuff like that. He usually doesn't flirt with cute ice cream worker men, but this is clearly a different occasion. If he wants to show some of his true colors to snag a cute, homosexual man, then he will do just that.

ice cream: wow rude

ice cream: and fyi mr. sasuke uchiha, I make enough to pay bills so obviously I'm pretty cool

Me: Well I'm a lawyer. I have to wear fancy suits and get to hear stories about people's lives falling apart

ice cream: oh. that's sad.

Me: Yeah.

ice cream: wait, why did u just describe your job as a therapist? that makes no sense

Me: We both hear about their lives.

Me: Therapists have clients or patients come to their office to see them and they try to help them with their problems or whatever. What I do is advise clients and represent them and their legal rights in both criminal and civil cases.

ice cream: ohh ok that makes sense. I get it now!

They continued to talk for a week, learning new things about each other. Sasuke learned that Naruto is much more than an ice cream truck man. They both prefer cats, but not by a lot Naruto said because he has a dog named Willow. ("She's a labrador-border collie mix! And she loves new people, or friends." "Friends?" "New people, I meant.) His best friend's name is Shikamaru who he met in second grade and has been friends with ever since. At some point Naruto snuck in the fact that he is twenty six, a year younger than Sasuke.

Eventually, they got to planning a date. It isn't going to be anything fancy, as they'd both decided that fancy and regal dinners at the most expensive restaurant in existence isn't their sort of thing. It's at Olive Garden, Naruto's favorite place to eat. He chose to take Sasuke there because apparently, he hasn't been to Olive Garden in years. "I still can't believe you've never been here," Naruto said, astounded as they walked up to the restaurant. With it being a chilly November day in Ohio, Naruto's dressed in comfy and soft blue jeans. He is also wearing a simple white t-shirt and an orange jacket, which he bought a few weeks ago. His shoes are converse with some rainbow stripes.

On the other hand, Sasuke is wearing black. Black pants that, in Naruto's opinion, cup his ass just perfectly. Black tennis shoes, a dark blue shirt with some sort of design around the collar, and a black jacket that's made of some sort of weird material. It suits him well, considering the tone of his oddly pale skin. His hair is brushed, yet it somehow managed to look messy. Either way it fits his personality well.