Part 26: 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝗼𝐢𝐧𝐞

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝗺𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝗼 𝗼𝐧"

"Y/N you look so pretty!" Goldet smiled and clasped her hands together.

Y/N pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled into the mirror.

Suddenly Y/N's face contorted into one of sadness.

"Y-Y/N! What's wrong?" Goldet said worriedly and Y/N smiled again.

"I'm trying not to cry" she said quietly as she bit her bottom lip.

"Don't mess up your makeup!"

•••

Yanxiao tilted his head as Xiao sat in front of a mirror.

"I've never done this before" he said scratching the back of his neck.

Xiao nodded "I haven't either"

Suddenly Huai'an burst through the door holding a golden fan.

"I finally found it!"

•••

"Goldet, what was your wedding like?" Y/N asked as they walked down a narrow path surrounded by bamboo.

"It was magical!" Goldet dreamed.

"And you'd will be too so stop worrying about it" she said and hit Y/N in the back.

"Y-yes ma'am!"

The two walked in a peaceful bliss, the faint sound of wind accompanied them.

Soon enough they arrived at the tree which would be their alter
(The weddings at the place where you offer food to Rex lapis when he's assassinated sorry if you haven't gotten there but if you've met Xiao then you should have anyways you start at the bottom of the mountain so have fun)

"Y/N!" Huai'an smiled at his niece.

"You look stunning..." Xiao said quietly as he grabbed her hand.

"Shall we?" Xiao asked holding out his hand to Y/N quickly intertwined hers in.

"We shall"

•••

The peaceful walk up the path was what Y/N really needed to calm herself down from all this recent chaos.

Xiao's golden eyes wandered their way to meet Y/N's E/C ones and he smiled.

"Y/N I love you" Xiao smiled and kissed her head.

Soon enough they had made it up the path and to the alter.

The other adepti were there as well to bless Xiao and Y/N's marriage and that them to the Eglaf.

Y/N felt nervous in their company but she knew that feeling would pass.

"Ready?" An echoy voice from the bird asked. (I remember none of their names so bare with me)

Y/N nodded and smiled as well as Xiao.

"We're ready"

The adepti nodded and the seal blocking the mountain was revealed to them.

"Goodbye Huai'an, Yanxiao, Goldet! I'll miss you..." Y/N said feeling sad that this would be the last time they meet.

Goldet began to cry and tackled Y/N in a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" She cried and Huai'an and Yanxiao joined.

"My love" Xiao said and grabbed her hand.

Y/N nodded and looked back at her only family.

"I have to go now but I'll never forget you guys!"

Y/N and Xiao slowly made their way to the seal that would send them to the heavens.

Xiao stopped right before entering which made Y/N stop as well.

"I always told you I would take you here...but now it's really happening" he smiled and tightened his grip on her hand.

"One last kiss before we go?" He asked and Y/N nodded.

Xiao tilted his head to meet his lips with hers in a sweet blissful kiss.

Xiao broke away first and walked into the gate with Y/N right beside him.

The seal dissolved after them.

"They are in Eglaf now, a place that has no meaning, where they can truly be free" the adepti spoke.

Goldet nodded as tears of happiness fell from her eyes.

"In a movie only for us, you were the true hero. Do whatever you want even if your mean and make me sad. You need to be yourself even when I'm not feeling well and it's a sad ending, the show must go on"

𝐄𝐍𝐃

𝐭𝗼 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝗼𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝

♥︎♡︎♥︎

Ok so you've finished the book!Congratulations. Anyways who knows if this is really the end? Not me 😉

Also I've never seen what a Chinese wedding is like the closest thing was tomoe and Nanamis wedding so that's kinda what happened.