× M A N O R ×

KNOWING MY MUM, she probably wanted me to dress nicely even though her and I both knew it's not like Mrs. Weasley is going to judge us. Nonetheless I did.

I brushed my short hair, applied some simple makeup, and I made my way down the stairs.

"Mara open the door please!" my mum called out from the kitchen as the doorbell rang, I opened the door to see Enzo and Lyra standing beside George, Fred, Charlie and Molly.

"hello Mrs. Weasley" I said greeting them all with a smile,

"oh Mara! you've grown to be so beautiful! and please call me Molly dear" she gushed hugging me, I invited them all in saying hi to everyone as they walked in.

"come in!" My mum said bringing them into the main living area. Everyone sat down at the dining table and my mum set down the food on the table and sat down herself.

"Aurora I love what you've done with the manor" Molly said looking around the dining room.

"thank you, Mara and I spent a lot of time on it" mum replied with a smile, her and I like to redecorate the manor every year.

We all started to eat and I was sat down between Lorenzo and Lyra. Fred was sat across from me in between George and Charlie, Mum and Molly were sat at the ends of the table across from each other.

"Mum tells me you've got a passion for magical creatures" Charlie spoke up with a smile turning to me,

"oh yeah, definitely! guess it runs in my blood" I replied with a smile as well.

"yes your grandfather is incredibly talented, do you plan on pursuing something related once you graduate?" he asked cutting up his chicken.

"I'm not too sure if I'm being honest, I have no idea what I want to do once I'm out of hogwarts" I said sheepishly and he let out an amused laugh.

"I felt the same way at your age, it all works out in the end don't worry about it" he reassured me with a smile and I returned it.

Freds pov

Stupid Charlie and his stupid smile. I watched as him and Mara laughed together over something and I rolled my eyes at my older brother.

"Do try not to snap your fork in half freddie" George whispered and I rolled my eyes at him as he bit back a laugh.

Mrs Scamander spoke up asking Mum about something I didn't catch. I kept my eyes on Mara and noticed how much prettier she's gotten over the summer, were her lips always that full?

"stop staring it's weird" George whispered and I tore my eyes away from Mara to glare at him, I elbowed him hard and he elbowed me back just as hard sending me a glare.

Once lunch was over we were all taking our plates into the kitchen, I was the last to go to the kitchen and walked in to see Mara bent over grabbing something of the floor I was about to look away like the respectful man I am when I noticed she was picking up a broken plate, I set my plate down in the sink and crouched down beside her.

"you alright?"

"it slipped through my fingers" she mumbled as I kept my eyes on her and started to grab some of the glass, which resulted in me basically cutting my palm down the middle by accident.

"oh for merlins sake" I said wincing at my hand holding it.

"are you blind?" she spat looking at me and I pursed my lips in pain.

"sod off" I muttered standing up and the blood started dripping down to the floor,

"my bad" I said covering my palm to try and stop the bleeding and moving over to the sink.

She stood up and walked over standing beside me, she took my hand and I felt my breath hitch in my throat as she took her wand out muttering a spell under her breath, I looked down at her concentrated face and she ran my hand under water before letting go of my now healed hand.

"I'll clean it up just leave" she said crouching down to pick up the rest of the plate.

"let me help-"

"I don't need your help I would've finished 5 minutes ago if you hadn't tried to 'help', now I just have a bigger mess" she snapped and I stopped talking.

"alright then" I said raising my arms in defence before grabbing some tissue and leaving the kitchen.

I made my way to the back yard where everyone was sitting and sat down beside George who was staring at Lyra as she talked to Charlie.

"stop staring it's weird" I said mocking him from earlier and he sent me a glare.

I also have a George fan fic, it's called faith! so you guys can check it out if you want :)