× G I T ×

IT WAS A WEEK LATER and thankfully we weren't doing much partner work in him and I's classes so Fred and I had no real reason to talk and if he tried to talk to me out of class Enzo or Lyra would somehow always be there to pull me away from him.

Enzo, Lyra and I were sitting in the great hall having lunch,

"George keeps trying to befriend me and I don't know what to do" Lyra sighed rubbing her temples.

"Don't you want to be friends with him?" Enzo asked confused,

"well obviously but I can't ignore the fact I'd practically get disowned" 

"you don't have to tell them" I shrugged and Enzo agreed.

"merlin knows they'd find out somehow" she mumbled and Enzo and I shared a look and closed the conversation.

"Hey Mara can I talk to you?-" I heard Fred start but he was almost immediately interrupted by Enzo,

"no you can't, leave-" he said trying to get up but Lyra grabbed his arm keeping him sat down.

"alright" I said getting up giving Enzo a look.

Enzo sighed and Lyra gave me a small reassuring smile as Fred and I walked out of the Great hall and walked into an empty classroom, we both placed our bags on a table.

"right, so uh" he said scratching the back of his neck. I crossed my arms over my chest looking at him.

"you didn't think this through did you?"

"I wasn't expecting you to say yes, so no, not really"

"what do you want to talk about?" I asked sarcastically.

"I uh, I wanted to talk about hogsmeade and the other day-"

"why would we talk about hogsmeade? it meant nothing, clearly" I spat and he pursed his lips.

"yeah I wanted to apologize-"

"for? you didn't do anything wrong Fredrick, remember?" I continued harshly raising my eyebrow at him. 

"would you let me finish my sentences Mara" he snapped and I shut my mouth squinting my eyes.

"I was trying to say that I'm sorry for what I said, and that hogsmeade did mean something to me-"

"and?" I said raising my eyebrows and he pursed his lips,

"-And that I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea by kissing Angelina-"

"giving me the wrong idea?-" I scoffed in disbelief.

"would you shut up?" he spat frustrated and I stopped talking and looked away from his angry eyes moving my gaze to the floor.

"Mara-I just-I'm trying to apologize-something I don't know how to do very well, I honestly didn't mean to hurt you" he continued sincerely,

"can I talk now?" I spoke up sarcastically looking back up at him.

"why are you still mad? I said I'm sorry-"

"so just because you apologized I'm supposed to be fine now?"

"what? no-" he said furrowing his eyebrows confused.

"right then" I said starting to walk past him and he scoffed.

"where are you going-" he said grabbing my arm,

"to finish my lunch" I replied looking up at him with a stern glare.

"are you being serious right now?" he scoffed his hand still gripping my upper arm,

"does it look like I'm joking?"