Part Thirty Nine

Run Away
≿━━━━༺☠━━━━
Harley Finley

"So, I have an idea." Colten spoke as he hovered over the stove.

Still shirtless. Only wearing his boxers.

There was nothing sexier than a man cooking for me, practically naked with a few drips of water coming from his freshly washed hair. All I wanted to do was sit here for my entire life with my chin in my hand and watch him.

"I can take these off if that would open your mouth to answer me." Colten shot me a smile, toying with the little cloth that held the one thing that could make me crumble beneath him.

"Please do." I murmured, dazed, tightening my thighs at the thought of his touch to my skin.

Colten shook his head happily before taking a few plates out for us and setting up the kitchen table.

"So, back to what I was saying." He gave me a hard look, making sure I was paying attention this time. "I say we travel. Get out and just go wherever we want. Maybe even out of the states. I don't want us feeling like we're hiding anymore or stuck in the fucking city. I hate it here. I can't even ride my bike. Too much traffic. Fucking traffic." He muttered the last part under his breath with a groan of distaste.

That took me out of my landish daydream quickly as I looked to his serious face.

"We don't really have the funds for that. We'd last what, a year abroad?"

Colten shrugged, "Not unless you cater for Lexi's rich Doctor friend. I could help."

"I don't think that's a good idea." I groaned, letting my forehead rest to the table with a huff.

One thing I hated doing in my career was waiting on a bridezilla; an overbearing, anxious and angry bride that wanted everything done to the perfected list she had come up with and added to since she was a little girl.

I had no idea if Ellie was that way but I didn't want to risk it.

"Why? I think I've shown my skills in the kitchen, along with my ability to follow your orders. Sometimes I just go back to my military mindset. Makes it easier." He chuckled to himself.

I tilted my head as I stood and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Hurry up with my breakfast then, soldier." I murmured into his back, laughing lightly when he tensed.

He grabbed my hand, lowering it to his manhood and made me feel how hard he was. "I have a sausage ready for you but you told me you only wanted eggs."

"Colten." I laughed, nuzzling my nose into his fit back even more.

"Come here." He chuckled, smiling until a little dimple showed in his cheek. He turned and wrapped his arms around me, holding me snug to his chest.

"It's not a bad idea." I peered up to him. "I just hope she isn't a crazy bride. I've only catered one wedding and she was nuts."

"We could make it fun. Picture both of us in the kitchen. Oh, we could make a business and call it 'Harley's Hot Stuff'."

I could see the excitement in his eyes and I felt it too. The thought of spending our lives together, building our relationship and adventuring around seemed like a dream.

"Wouldn't we be running from it though? Aren't you a bit curious of it all? The secrets, the note Jim had left me, the way Drew acted. There's bound to be more, right?" I huffed, letting the possibilities run through my mind.

"Harley, it's not running. Think of it more like us being together and just enjoying life. Elijah and Chloe are leaving town. There's no reason to care about it all." Colten turned his attention back to the stovetop with a groan. "We don't have to go but if we go back to town to try and figure it all out.." he rambled off with another frustrated groan. "What if something happens to you?"

"Says the man who got shot for me."

"Exactly. My point made."

I sighed again, sulking to the coffee machine and pouring myself a cup.

"What about my mom and Jim? What if they died for nothing?"

"I really doubt that a group of people came together and killed your mother then covered it up just because she fucked your dad. And Jim had a heart attack. He ate fast food and drank beer every day." Colten argued.

"What about Drew? And Hudson? Colten, tell me I'm not crazy into thinking I should be worried."

"Of fucking course you should be worried. I'm terrified somethings going to happen to you but, angel, whatever is going on is something that's been happening for years. No one, not even you will be able to stop it. I say we just go before Drew and whoever else finds us and tries to do whatever they want with you."

Colten placed the food to the table and sat beside me.

"I guess I could just text Lexi and tell her to have Maddox get a hold of me." I grabbed my phone with a sigh. "But you need to heal more before we even decide when to leave."

"What are you talking about? I feel like a thousand bucks." He smiled widely to me, showing off his pearly whites.

"Colt, you just about passed out after sex which is why we're eating breakfast at noon." I laughed with a shake of my head. "If we leave soon then we aren't taking your bike."

Colten looked to me shocked. "Angel," he exasperated, "we're riding the bike around America. Me and you. Fresh air and open roads. God, it's like a dream come true."

"Did you hear anything I just said or only what you wanted to?"

"Oh, I could trade my bike in and get a Harley. You'd be more comfortable on it. Plus, we could get those travel bags that attach to it." He stuffed a mouthful of food into his mouth with a twinkle in his eyes.

I played with the food on my plate for a moment, debating it all. "Where would we go first?"

Colten looked back to me and pulled out his phone. "Anywhere we want to go."

"And you're willing to spend twenty four - seven with me? We'd literally be by each other's side nonstop." I countered.

I knew I'd be fine with it. He had become the man I wanted to settle down with and I could easily admit to that. There wasn't much that bothered me about him, it was as if we were meant to be.

Colten gave me another hard look and pointed his fork to my stomach. "You're going to have my babies. I thought I've said it enough for you to understand that. You just have to get that damn IUD out and -"

"Not happening anytime soon. I have one more year before I have to replace it. Then after that, maybe." I shrugged, stabbing my food with my fork again.

"Either way. Your ass is mine."

I almost choked on my food at his deep, sensual but serious tone.

"Okay, Colten." I giggled, going back to the food in front of me.

***
A/N:
Just a quick thank you to PersonalVandetta :D she commented with this idea and I just had to change a few things around to make it work bc I loved this. <3