Chapter 5

•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲•                                                                                                                                                                                                          ...

                    •𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲•                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                    -----------------------
Prongs,         
Come to my house right away! There has been a serious problem with Peter, he murdered someone! The ministry arrived before he could dissaperate, they found him with the victim's dead body on the floor, ministry officials checked his wand for the most recent spell he cast, and it was THE KILLING CURSE. He is sent to azkaban to await his trial in a week, where they would decide if he is guilty or framed. Please come over, I sent a letter to Moony, who said he is coming right over, and another one to Alice and Frank.
Hurry, please,
Padfoot.

James was shocked. Peter! The most cowardly person he has ever known, and one of the friendliest! To kill a person! He, the one who was scared to go into a haunted house, to murder someone!

He woke Lily up and put Harry in his stroller while trying not to wake him up. They didn't bother to change, because they all were like family, and they dissaperated to Sirius and Marlene's house.

They knocked on the door, and a white faced Sirius greeted them and they went in. Remus was already there. Lily joined Marlene who was making tea in the kitchen, while James, Sirius and Remus were talking in the living room.

"What happened?" Lily asked sleepily.

"Well, we were sleeping at first, then I got up for some water. That's when i heard a knock on the door. I opened and saw Professor Dumbledore standing infront of me, wearing a serious look on his face. So, I told him to come in while I woke Sirius up. Then, he told us about Peter how he murdered Rosier in Knockturn Alley! " Marlene explained" He was going to your house then Remus' then Alice and Frank's, but Sirius told that he would sent letters to you all. Took him quite a few minutes to find the right words to write. Why were you up this late? We didn't expect any of you to be up. "

" Well... Umm, I had a nightmare and woke up, James was also awake, he gave me a sleeping potion. The letter must have come afterwards." Lily replied to her friend's question.

They then went back to the living room after the tea was done. Sirius, James and Remus were still discussing the night's event. Marlene opened the door when it rang and ushered Alice and Frank with a sleeping Neville in. They filled them in on the details and began discussing what might have actually happened.

"We know that Wormtail won't kill anyone just for the sake of killing." Remus said simply. They all knew that it was true, whatever might have happened, Peter wasn't the one hunting down Rosier.

"Are we allowed to go to the hearing?" Alice asked.

"Well, no not you. Just me, Padfoot, Moony and Frank. Because we work in  Aurror department." James replied. And it was settled, the boys were going to tell the head of the Magical Law enforcement department to slip Peter some Veritaserum, he would tell the truth and then they would decide what to do with him. The trial was in a week, which means they have a lot of time to plan how to convince the head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department. Harry was still sleeping peacefully and so was Neville. Sirius and Marlene suggested they all stay here for the night, and they refused, but after alot of whisper shouting from both Marlene and Sirius they all gave in and walked up to the bedrooms they frequently stay in.

They fell asleep immediately afterwards as James had to wake up early in the morning to go to the ministry with Sirius, Remus and Frank. And so they did because when Lily woke up, only Harry was sleeping next to her. She went downstairs to find that Marlene and Alice were already awake. She smelled toast as she walked in the kitchen, and sure enough Alice and Marlene were both eating toast with cheese.

" 'Morning"Lily said sleepily.

" Good Morning, Lils." Alice said more energetically. Marlene was half asleep, Lily was sure she couldn't sleep.

" Mar, are you sure you don't want to go back to sleep? " Lily asked concerned for her friend.

Marlene' s head suddenly snapped up "Yes, i am sure." she replied firmly and got up to make a cup of coffee.

Harry and Neville soon woke up. The girls spent their time talking, playing with Harry and Neville and at noon the Daily Prophet was delivered by an owl. It seems that the killing of Rosier won't go unnoticed and worse it has reached Rita Skeeter's ears. Of course she made the problem worse:

REPORTED KILLING IN KNOCKTURN ALLEY.

Rita Skeeter, reporter of the Daily Prophet, writes about the horrific murder that happened yesterday.
Evan Rosier's dead body was found in Knockturn Alley yesterday night at the feet of the culprit. Peter Pettigrew, who was caught standing over the motionless body, is beleived to be the murderer. Pettigrew was sent to Azkaban prison and put in a highly garded cell, to await his trial and further investigation.
"This case shall be highly investigated, we have never seen such betrayal before. An Aurror murdering an innocent person, never in my year have I witnessed something like that." The head of Magical Law Enforcement department revealed.
As for us, we await further information on the case, and more of that in Pettigrew's trial next week.

A picture of Peter escorted away by two Aurrors was replaying next to the report. Lily handed the news paper to her friends as they read it carefully. They then went to the kitchen to prepare lunch as their husbands, or boyfriend in Marlene's case, and Remus were due to arrive home in an hour. They were cooking in turns and talking and taking care of the kids all at once. They hadn't quite gotten over Peter's actions, but they did what they had to do to focus on the food recipe.

And sure enough, as lunch was ready, they heard a crack from outside and the sound of keys, as Remus, Sirius, James and Frank came in looking as if a relative died.

Disclaimer: you already know what i am going to say.
Chapter 5 is here with yet another cliffhanger *laughs maniacally*.
Hope you like this chapter, don't forget to vote (if you want to). Thx for reading and over 100 readers❤️✨.