45

Normani was sitting in her mother's office helping her with some paperwork when the door opens and in walks a short brown haired girl. Normani looks at her with curious eyes because she felt like she's seen her before but she couldn't place where.

"Hello Mrs Hamilton I'm here for the interview." The girl says.

Andrea smiles as she stood up. "Ah yes Lucy please come in and have a seat." She says.

The name had Normani looking up and narrowing her eyes. It wasn't a coincidence that Lucy was now looking for a job interview right after Camila failed to get in at Dinah's company. She knew this game and she was going to play it right.

"Would you mind interviewing with my daughter?" Andrea asked.

Lucy shakes her head and smiles. "Absolutely not." She says. Normani smiled and says her goodbyes to her mother before focusing right on Lucy. She smiles "I know why you're here," she starts. "I know you're working with Camila and that's fine, I'll give you the job but you need to do something for me." She says.

"And what's that?" Lucy asked.

Normani grins as she sits forward. "Don't testify for Camila." She said. Lucy shot up out of her seat. "No way! She's my best friend I can't let her down!" She argues. "But you'd let Lauren down. I thought Lauren was your best friend." Normani counters.

"You can have more then one friend." Lucy says.

Normani nods in agreement. "You can but in this situation you have to pick one." She said. "So who are you choosing? A girl you've known for three months or a friend you've known since high school?"

Lucy looked at Normani and she already knew her answer. She knew who she'd have to choose and she knew things would just get worse from here, but she had to make a choice.