15

Mani: I got a text from Lauren last night.

Ally: really? Is everything ok.

DinahJane: Mani just broke down so she wants me to tell you.

DinahJane: last night she got a text from an unknown number and figured it was Camila but it turned out to be Lauren. They talked and Lauren asked if Manz could pick her up. So she left and when she got to Lauren she was so thin 😔 it was like she hadn't eaten in weeks. She had bruises and cuts all over her, she was missing a tooth and she had a black eye. When Lauren got into the car she just broke down. She couldn't talk or explain herself because she was crying.

DinahJane: minutes passed before she calmed down and could explain herself. The morning she disappeared she got a text from Camila asking to talk. She went because she figured that they could both use the closure and move on from this. Camila instead had other ideas and told Lauren if she didn't go back to her she'd hurt one of us and Lauren couldn't let that happen so she left with her and things immediately went bad. Camila became more abusive and controlling. She was told to cut all contact with us which is why we didn't here from her. The night she had Mani pick her up she snuck out while Camila was at work, quickly had her number changed and ran as far as she could away from the apartment they lived in.

Ally: holy shit! Is she ok?

DinahJane: right now she's sleeping in our bed but she's pretty messed up.

Ally: do you think she'll talk to me?

DinahJane: of course! Als she misses you so much but she's scared that you'll hate her.

Ally: I could never hate her. She's my best friend.