Chapter Thirteen

Cyndy got Alice and Jayden's things together while I called Matt. He gladly let us come over. When we got there, I explained to him what was going on. He had herd about the murder thing on the news, but he didnt think it had to do with that. It might not be, but I was still scared for my family. Speically after I just got Jayden. It was weird and didnt make sences.

"Daddy?" Jayden said walking into the kitchen.

I looked at him, "Yea?"

"Whats going on?" He asked.

I looked at Matt and he shook his head, then looked at Jayden, "What do you mean?"

"Why are we at uncle Matt's?" He asked.

I sighed and motioned for him to sit at the counter with us.

He did so and proped his elbows on the counter and rested his head in his hands.

"Jayden, someone came into our house while I was sleep today." I told him, "I dont know what it is, but us staying with Matt, will be best till we figure it out, okay?" 

He nodded his head.

"Tomorrow, I'll take you to the shooting range, okay?" I said with a smile.

He got a smile on his face and nodded his head.

"Now go play with River." I said shoowing him off.

He jumped from the counter and ran to the gaming room where the rest of the kids were playing.

"What are you thinking Brian?" Matt asked me.

I shook my head and covered my face, "I dont know dude. I really dont. Im scared, ya know?"

He nodded his head, "I would be too."

"Its just weird you know?" I said looking at him, "I just got Jayden, now all this crazyness."

"You're right, it doesnt make sence dude." He said grabbing two beers from the fridge.

He handed me one, then sat back down.

"Matt, what do I do?" I asked, helpless.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I dont know man, but what your doing right now, seams pretty right."

The next day, Matt and I took River and Jayden out to the shooting range. Val wasnt to happy Matt was taking her son to shoot a gun, but she knew he should learn how from one of  us, then some punk on the street. Both Jayden and River seamed over excited to be doing this. I loved it.

After we finished up at the range, we stopped by my house. Something didnt feel right about it, so I got out of the car to check things out. I went down to the basement and noticed my guns have been messed with. It scared the hell out of me, so I got out of the house, fast.

"What is it?" Matt asked, noticing I was uneasey.

I shook my head. I didnt want to say. I didnt want to speak it.

"Brian." He barked.

I looked at him, scared, "Someones been back in the house. They messed with my guns."

"Are any missing?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Not that I could see."

"You need to get the locks changed, now." Matt said as we drove off.

We went into town again and placed an order on getting the house locks changed. They said they would be out tomorrow to change them, then call me to give me the keys. It made me feel a bit better and more safe that the locks were getting changed.