White Curtains.

"Hello, what can I help you?"

I'm looking for a girl.

"Hahaha, I believe all men are looking for one, sir."

The ambulance got her yesterday late at night, unconscious.

"Oh! Yes." She typed on her computer, "What's your name?"

Leviathan.

~

I walked through the corridor of the insane(s)

My eyes staring at the numbers declaring the door.
Why did I step here, even...

I don't care anyway...

I just,

I sighed and got inside, slowly...
Took a few steps forward, and thought of a thousand reasons why I shouldn't be here.

White curtains.

The beds were covered with white curtains, and I knew exactly where she was.

Fucking hell, I should leave, now.

But that only encouraged me to move further.

I stared at her curtain, the only layer which covered my eyes of seeing her for the second time. I looked down at her bed which from all, wasn't labeled that would mean only one thing, the police hadn't identified her yet.
I reach for the white curtain with my palm.
Thoughts were knocking my brain down, but before I could have reacted to any of them I was already there, unfolding the curtain, and meeting her frozen face once more, but this time it reminds of a calm cold breeze. So beautiful.

I remembered the last night over again, her terrified look, her appearance in blood, bruises, deep scars, sweat.
And when finally she falls in relief knowing she's safe.

I sat beside her bed, reached her face rather doubtfully, and drew circles with my thumb.

Who are you?

My phone rang, "Leanna"
I decided not to answer, and set my phone on silent.
A nurse unfolds the curtains, and made some quick reports on her.

"How's her condition?"

"It's stabile." She responded fast.

"Then why isn't she waking up?"

"It's seems like she've been through a lot and hadn't got much of rest, instead, lived in very poor conditions for a very long time, and might as well be in deep shock." She rushed her fingers through the papers, before allowing me to respond she cut me off, "it can take her days to wake up." She stared at my reaction which stayed apathetic.

"The police will take care of her, we're going to know her data soon, hopefully."

I nodded.

And again focused my eyes on her mysterious self.

-

Hours were passing and I couldn't seem to leave her even for a bit.
Days were passing and I couldn't seem to leave her by herself.
Night, after night I couldn't seem to stop thinking of her nirvana-like-face.
Mornings were there when I had to open my eyes to see her terrified look of that night.

I started to get distracted by the daily things I've been doing recently, neglecting ever since she appeared in my universe.

My senses were falling, and my eyelids got heavier, I rested my face on the bed, staring at her mysterious-like-self and met eye to eye with the darkness.