Farewell

All of them just stood there, panting after the excruciating battle. Adrenaline, wearing out, making way for exhaustion to take over. Steve's knees buckled and he fell down on the ground, though he managed to fall on his back to avoid any extra injuries.

He just lay there, eyes opened, facing the sky, taking deep breaths. His face content. Everyone followed suit and soon they were all there, laying on the ground in a circle, star gazing in the middle of the day. The sunrays falling directly on them, but no one seemed to mind.

"Ouch" leo exclaimed after a few moments of silence, scratching every possible part of his body. It just happened to be the trigger and all of them started to scratch their skin, trying to soothe the itch and cool the burning of the poison.

Percy sighed in frustration and brought water from the only remaining water pool and drenched all of them in water.

Once again they fell in silence, though it didn't last long.

"How the Hades did that old man die on his own." Leo wondered, "he's next level clumsy, man. I bet he stepped over something that was too much for his frail body. That dude was already beyond expiry date."

Wanda chuckled and shook her head at his antiques.

"Leave it man. The point is, we're alive and we won." Tony replied, "I just hope that those creatures stay where they are or I'll fu-"

"Tony, language!"

"-zzily kill them?"

Percy laughed, a full blown laughter but it died when he saw some weird kind of light. Whatever it was, it was blindingly bright. So he did the only sensible thing.

He closed his eyes.

Even after closing his eyes he could feel the bright light beyond his eyelids, it was that bright.

As soon as he felt the brightness lessen he opened his eyes, bit by bit.

There, in all his glory, stood the mighty Thor, along with a very confused Magnus.

"I swear, Thor, if this is some prank I'll personally ask Alex to test her newly sharpened garrot on you" Magnus threatened, his eyes glued to his cousin, who was now standing up on her place.

"No, son of Frey. I do not lie. Earlier this day, we went to take your cousin from this young hero's house" he pointed at Percy and continued, "where he asked me to inform you that your cousin is in coma. I went to Asgard, had a supper, dragged you away from that red head, who was trying to paint your nails and explained you about the situation and told Heimdall to send us wherever your sister was."

One by one the whole team facepalmed.

"That was over a week ago Thor" Natasha sighed, exasperated.

Thor just shrugged his shoulders and replied, "not my fault that time runs different in each realm."

He then examined his teammates' appearance and frowned, "what happened to you, my friends?"

Clint groaned, "I'm out."

"Me too"

"No chance"

"Nope"

"No way in hell"

"Hades noooo"

They all went back to lay down the way they were before. Thalia decided to show Thor some mercy and said,

"Battle happened"

Thor nodded in understanding and to everyone's astonishment lay down and rolled in the mud.