C H A P T E R 2

"That does not look like where we are supposed to be," Namjoon remarked.

"I told you!" Jin huffed.

Indeed, they ended up in a huge clearing in the forest, in the middle of which there was a large house, like a Korean Hanok, intricately designed and looking grand. The place was surrounded by large boulders on two sides of it, the path at the back of the house probably extended deeper into the jungle. They stood facing the structure, training equipment arranged neatly on two sides.

"Well, since we're here already why not go ahead and look around?" Taehyung smiled and without waiting for an answer walked towards the house, a skip in his steps.

"That kid is happy no matter the situation." Yoongi sighed, shaking his head.

"That's a good thing right?" Jimin chuckled, looking at his best friend.

He turned to see Yoongi already ahead of him.

"Right?" He called out, but received no reply from the latter. "Ya, Yoongi hyung wait up!"

"Who's knocking?" Hoseok asked when they made it to the front door.

All eyes turned to Namjoon.

"Wait, why me? Jin hyung should knock as he is the eldest." He tried to explain.

"But you are the most polite. Shouldn't you knock?" Jin countered.

"But--"

"Ahem." The boys jumped at the sound. An old man looked at the seven of them, his gaze piercing through them.

Dressed in a dobok, he folded his hands behind his back and asked, "Who are you?"

"Ah, we were just passing by," Namjoon replied hurriedly, turning around and guiding the boys back.

"But Namjoon hyung, what if this is the place Master told us about?" Jimin whispered.

"Show him the letter, hyung," Jungkook spoke for the first time since they arrived, "Maybe he can help us."

"Right," Namjoon cleared his throat and took out a piece of paper from his pocket and gave it to the man with an awkward smile.

The man read the letter quickly, then nodded. "Master Tan sent you here?"

"Yes," Namjoon replied.

"Very well," The man folded the letter and handed it back, "This will be your home for the next one year. I am Master Sam, a friend of your Master and I will be in charge of your training while you are here."

The boys bowed in respect. Master Sam allowed them to move inside and guided them to their rooms.

"Four of you will be sharing one room, you can decide your roommates. Take rest and we will meet in the next hour in the food hall to brief you about the training."

"Yes Master." The boys replied in unison and he left.

Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi decided to share one room, leaving the maknaes to share the other. They settled in their rooms and immediately went to sleep, the tiredness of the journey finally washing over them.

-----------------

After a heavy lunch, they assembled in the training area, the one with the training equipment.

"Okay," The master cleared his throat. "On an extremely short notice, you have a new trainer, bound to arrive any moment now."

The boys exchanged confused glances until they heard the sound of a gate opening, shocking them because they had not seen it earlier, perhaps because it was open when they had come.

A pure white horse made through the gates with its owner riding it. It came to a stop, majestic as it was and neighed loudly. The owner got off, patted its neck before walking towards them.

At a closer distance, Jungkook's eyes widened as he recognized the person. He couldn't forget this set of dark eyes, shining bright as the sunlight reflected in them. The other boys must have realized it too because they gasped collectively.

"Y/N?" Only Hoseok managed to speak up.

Master Sam raised his eyebrow slightly, the ghost of a smile visible on his lips before it disappeared completely.

Y/N took off the cloth covering her entire head and long, black hair fell on her back in a ponytail. Jungkook immediately took a sharp breath, she was beautiful like spring. Her eyes gleamed, a perfect nose and a set of pink lips complimented her complexion. Her cheeks were the color of rose, giving her an ethereal look and her midnight black hair moved softly with the breeze, shining like stars were interwoven in each strand.

Yet, she looked dangerous. Her dobok was black in colour, designed in gold patterns that covered the neck and the hem of the dress. She carried herself with grace, her sword secure in its sheath on her back. Bowing in front of Master, she turned to look at the boys, expressionless.

"I'm twenty so I'm younger than you but I can beat you all together. I'd like you to address me by name and respect my boundaries if you want to be great warriors." She said without beating around the bush.

"Wait," Taehyung raised his hand, "You will train us for the mission?"

Y/N glanced at Jungkook for a moment, a smirk playing on her lips before she answered.

"Yes, I will train you to be the warriors in Prince Ali and Princess Aria's mission."