Ch. 41 Too little too late....

The next morning Tsukki dragged himself out of bed. Sleep was the furthest thing from his mind, focused solely on apologizing to you. He had decided last night that when he saw you at practice like he always did he would apologize, drop to his knees and beg for your forgiveness if he had to. He didn't know if you would forgive him but the least he could do was apologize, he owed that much to you.

The day's classes droned on and on, unable to focus on anything but his mission. It was with his final class that he found himself rushing out the door and over to the athletic building. With a deep breath he opened the gym doors, heading inside. His teammates glanced up at him. By some of their expressions he could tell who knew and who didn't. He was sure everyone would know in time. Ignoring this, he began looking around your usual spots he would find you in, but you weren't there.

'Where is she... she's got to be here... you were always here...'

But you weren't this time. You weren't there and you wouldn't be. His hateful words had served their purpose. They had torn a gaping hole in your chest. Just the thought of seeing him made it all so much worse. Keeping your blooming feelings for Tsukki hidden from him was hard enough, hearing those words fall from his mouth was like being hit by a Mack truck.

So to save yourself the pain of seeing his face and feeling the wound re-open day after day, you stayed away. You switched your classes to evenings and anywhere your paths would normally cross you avoided. Taking the long way around or changing the times that you would go places so as not to come in contact with him. And it would continue on this way for more than a week.

Laying in bed, tears of frustration and sadness and anger begin to spill over without his permission

Laying in bed, tears of frustration and sadness and anger begin to spill over without his permission. All the emotions he has kept trapped under that calm cool façade drown him, his situation felt so hopeless. His room no longer neat and tidy but instead looked like a tornado had run through it.

In his anger and frustration he tore his room apart. Books strewn about the room his desk chair turned over. Today he had gone to your place hoping to get you to see him even though it went against your wishes to just be left alone. Arriving there only to find a box on the porch with a hoodie of his, the high school shirt he had given you to wear and a few other miscellaneous things he had forgotten over there in the months that you two had been seeing each other. Seeing that box was the moment that shattered him.

'I just want to fix this... I wish things could just go back to the way they were... this isn't what I wanted...'

Tsukki cries himself into another night of restless sleep, a cold wasteland filled with twisted nightmares of you constantly being pulled from his grasp. Followed by himself being sucked down into an endless black void.