chapter 2- don't start with me

"what do you mean i can't go? this is such an amazing chance and you're telling me to back
down from it? are you crazy? do we need to get you checked out?"

"i don't think it's a good idea, that's all. you're only 18, you shouldn't be worrying about getting a job yet." my mother tries to reason with me.

"well with the circumstances we're living in now, i have to worry about a job. we need the money and i'm sure this would help! mom, you've just got to trust me on this."

"i don't know brin." she shakes her head as we continue to drive to our home.

"you're fucking crazy." i mutter under my breath.

"brin! watch you're language. i don't want to hear that out of your mouth again, you hear me?"

"let me go to melbourne and i won't curse in front of you," i glare at her.

"no, you can't say those things like that. i told i would talk to your father for a reason. just wait, we'll discuss this later." my mother attempts to finish the conversation before it even started.

"you're a big girl! make the decision right now! we can head back and fill the papers out."

"brin. you're not going."

"and i guess that means we don't live australia either. mom, i will end up going even if you don't want me to."

"brin, sweetheart, no."

"yes, turn around now."

"brin stop asking, you're not going."

"i'm going! i don't care if you say i won't because i am."

"do you know if this is really what you want will turn around now?"

the sudden change in her attitude surprised me. why was this suddenly a good idea? when she changes her mind, it's all because prove something. except there's nothing to prove here, nothing.

"i really want it."

"i want all your paychecks."

"we agreed on this? didn't we?" i ask, confused.

"that wasn't supposed to happen like that. you were supposed to refuse and then i was going to say 'see you can't do this' and it would be over." my mother sighs while turning the car around. she completely failed and she knew it.

she continues to drive as i smiled in success. the persuading was much easier than i thought it was going to be. of course i saw the other side of what my mother was saying, but i want to help. i need to help them out.

"you're so lucky i love you, brin carol mathews. so lucky, i swear."

"mom stop using my middle name. i hate it, stop."

"it's so pretty, brin. i love it and i'll say it as much as i want."

"okay, mom. let's just go and sigh those papers," i say with a smirk.

*******************************************************************

yay!!! second chapter is up and i'm late on an update, no surprise there!

thank you all for reading and until next time.