chapter 6- first date

<brin's pov>

"hey guys! my name is brin and i'll be one of you leaders this year!" i say as excited as i can. i wasn't okay from my fight with ashton last night, but for the children's sake, i'll forget it for now.

"i'll be your other leader and my name is ashton! i can recognize a lot of people right now!" he yells to all of the children while his arm swings upwards.

all i can hear is small mumbles about how ashton has worked here forever and they have no idea who i am. from the back, a small girl stands up and starts jumping up and down. i had no idea what she was doing, but apparently ashton knew.

"you've got a question there, kara?" he giggles at her actions. third graders were something alright.

"is brin your girlfriend? is that why she is here because last time we another girl leader it was yasmine! do you remember that?" she smiles widely. she had a couple teeth missing so it was an extra cute smile.

"no, she's not my girlfriend," he forces a laugh. ouch, that says a lot about how he feels about me. a relationship with him was completely out of the question by now.

"trust me, i'm not in a relationship with ashton, i mean why would i? he is gross and boys have cooties!" i say trying to be disgusted while i'm far from it. all of the little girls in the group start laughing and saying things along the lines of 'eww! ashton has cooties! all boys have cooties!' i easily just started a riot.

ashton grabs my arm and pulls me away from the children as they talk among themselves. i can easily see that he is mad at me because of the glare he is giving me. i drops my arm rather harshly and starts talking through his gritted teeth.

"what the hell do you think you're doing? i have a reputation with these kids and i don't want to loose it with them and you're not helping! could you just shut up and let me talk to them?"

"wow fuck you too, ashton. i was just trying to lighten the mood and let them start to like me. you're not helping with that it looks like." i scoff and take a step back.

"don't fuck up, brin. i can get you out of here so easily, tread lightly." he whispers towards me and then turns to the group.

he motions for them to follow him and the 20 or so kids stand up. it was the time where we would help them get into their cabins and pick groups for them. the last kid slowly starts to disappear and that is when i decide to start following them. who does he think he is? it was just a joke so it makes no sense for him to be so angry with me.

i run to catch up with the group and slowly blend in with them. i stay towards the back since ashton was already in the front. their cabins are near ours just in case of emergency issues. plus, we need to be sure they go to bed on time and not super late. also, they have to wake up on time for many reasons.

unfortunately, ashton and i have to work civil for the time being so we work together to get the kids into their cabins. slowly we're left with 4 kids which would fill up a cabin so it end perfectly. we're giving them time to settle in and unpack their bags. they were going to be here all summer so all of them had a reasonable amount of bags.

"what the hell was that about earlier? it was a joke!" i start to speak once the kids go into their cabins and it was just the two of us.

"i don't know what you're talking about," he says, taking a step away from me.

"don't pull that kind of crap on me, ashton. you know exactly what i'm talking about." i say taking up that space again.

he suddenly throws his hands up in the air and sighs loudly. "you... you just frustrate me so much, brin mathews! i can't stand you being with you and i can't stand being without you!" he takes a couple steps back and forth until he was right in front of me again.