chapter 19- long time no see

"can i ask you a question before we even say anything else?" ashton says as soon as we meet each other.

today was the day he was going to find out he was going to be a father and i was ever so nervous.

"go ahead."

"brin, will you officially be my girlfriend?" ashton asks me with hopeful eyes.

"oh my gosh, yes!" i smile widely and go in for a kiss.

"okay, girlfriend, now what were you going to say?" he asks my softly.

"it can wait." i say while basking in the glow of each other.

"okay, well let's go then?" he asks and grabs my hand.

we were heading to a diner to have some breakfast then the boyfriend and i were supposed to do some shopping. as the hazel-eyed boy drives the car, he would look at me every so often. he had such a warm smile that lightens up my day whenever. it's almost like i forgot i'm carrying his child.

we pull into a parking space and i attempt to step out of the vehicle, but realize it has child lock on. ash runs over to the other side of the car and gracefully opens the door for me. he grabs my hand and that's when i get thinking.

will he even accept the child? will he break up for me on the day we got together? how can we afford anything? i don't have much saved up anymore since i spent my money by helping pay for the bills. i need to find a job, does ashton even have a job?

"brin? babe? you in there somewhere? you just keep zoning out and not answering my questions. is everything okay?" ashton asks my several questions at once.

"i'm okay, don't worry," i fake a smile. everything was actually wrong in this whole entire minute.

"okay, let's go." he smiles unsure of my actions and brings me inside.

he talks to the hostess and she brings us to a booth in the very back of the restaurant. she leaves us with menus and we both pick them up and not talk. i scan through everything and i attempt to find the healthiest thing on it. towards the back, i notice a fruit bowl with eggs and toast. that seems the best to me and easily make up my mind there. i place my menu down and watch as my boyfriend's eyebrows move up and down as he attempts to pick something.

minutes later his puts his menu down just in time for a waiter to come over and take our orders. we both place our orders and ashton then proceeds to stare at me. i smirk at him and take his hand in mine and start a staring contest. in this moment, i realize that this is the most relaxed i've been in the past month. i was sitting here in a cute, old diner in the middle of fucking nowhere with my boyfriend and our child in my stomach. it'd be even better if i was an extra five years older. that'd be goals.

"you've been awfully quiet today, something on your mind?" he asks me, not breaking our eye contact.

"school stresses me out, but that's okay. i'm here with you and i'm pretty content." i smile as best as i could. i could feel my throat closing up and tears prickling the corners of my eyes. i take a deep breath and let out a loud sigh.

"you're okay?" ashton almost laughs considering i just about broke down right there.

"probably not," i let out a sigh-y giggle and wipe the small tears away from my eyes.

"i'm always going to be here, i won't ever leave you." he almost whispers so it's just me who can hear and he never once let go of my hands.

"never?" i ask like it was a test.

"never." he confirms.

small conversations are made while waiting for our food to be brought out to us. we eat and laugh between bites and i slowly become okay with myself liking him this much. he was so good to me, but i hope this baby doesn't ruin everything. this baby is a miracle, but i didn't intend on having a child when i was seventeen.

"thank you for everything," ashton smiles as he waves goodbye to the hostess with his free hand.

"thank you for breakfast," i smile from the passenger side of the car.

"anything for my girlfriend," he says in a funny voice which makes me laugh.

he turns on the radio and then grabs my hand as he continues to drive. we sing along to green day and the offspring. these kinds of moments are the ones that i live for and the ones that i'll be happy to bring our child into. now i just have to find the perfect time to break the news that ashton will becoming a father.

he pulls into the mall parking lot and parks the car. i, once again, attempt to open the door, but the child lock is still on. he opens the door for me and we walk to the mall entrance and walk through the doors. we walk aimlessly through all of the stores before stopping at the lovely hot topic. ashton basically pulls me into the store and i can tell he's excited. we stop at the cash register and the person there puts her finger up and walks away.

"what's going on? why are you so excited?" i ask while laughing.

"shh, you'll see." he puts his finger on my lips and i roll me eyes.

i see the girl reappear from the back with a blonde boy. he was dressed in all dark clothes and suddenly a loud, familiar laugh is heard.

"i totally called it! calum and luke owe me $100!" i now realize it's michael as we pulls me in for a hug. my whole face turns a beat red as everyone in the store either looks at us or laughs at us.

"alright, hands off my girlfriend." ashton basically growls protectively. michael looks between the two of us and cat calls loudly.

"hot couple if i'm going to be honest." michael laughs and claps his hands.

"this was a horrible idea, let's go." he pulls me back out of the store and i like to pretend that i forgot to tell ashton that i'm pregnant.

*********************
HAHAHAH I FORGOT I WROTE THAT AND ABOUT UPDATING!!!!!!!
anyway im in school and I hope i don't get killed!!!
lol love you lots and please vote and things along that line!
until next time