Prologue

"3 years," Sophie mumbled to herself, "Can't believe the snake has been dead for 3 years." Sophie of woods beyond was now 22 years old, and engaged to the man whom she considered the love of her life, Hort of Bloodbrook.  She often thought back on the life she had always chased, and the happy ending she sook out, of which her best friend, Agatha, had ended up having. For years she had loved Tedros of Camelot, Agatha's husband, and the king of Camelot, but everyone had believed she only loved the kingdom he was in-line to rule, and although the thought of being a queen was more than just appealing to her, she truly did fall in love with Tedros, the boy, not Tedros, the king with the big, fancy castle.

Sophie had often beat herself up for thinking back on the old her, she was now engaged, and finally happy, she thought it typical of her to finally be happy, and then risk it all thinking about someone else's husband, but the truth was, as she gave up chasing the unrealistic dream, she couldn't help but cling onto a tiny aspect of her previous desires. Sophie wanted desperately to stop these thoughts, as while she went on loving Tedros, he would inevitably turn to Agatha, rightly so, and ignore her heart's calls. Loving Tedros could only ever lead to hurt and loneliness, it would hurt her fiance, her best friend, and herself, so she contained these feelings, and decided to forever keep them in the dark.

//I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OR SETTING OF THE TEXT, ALL RIGHTS GO TO SOMAN CHAINANI, AUTHOR OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL SERIES//