Part 4*

"You're sure you okay, hot stuff?" Morgan and Reid are checking on you in your hotel room.

"I'm fine. I promise. Thank you both for checking on me. My knights in shining armor." You give both of them a squeeze.

"You know Hotch is going to come check on you before the night is over? That man never sleeps." Reid's face is uncomfortable after the hug you've given him.

"Yeah, I've already planned for it. He told me he wanted to talk after he made sure I wasn't too badly hurt. Thanks guys, goodnight."

"Goodnight." They chime together.

You have enough time to take a shower and change into lounge clothes before there's a knock on the door. Granola bar in hand you walk to the door, your heartbeat increasing as you get closer to it. You don't even need to check before opening the door. There he is, in a white T-shirt and jeans, his hair damp and messy.

"Can I come in?" His voice his hopeful, his face full of uncertainty. His fingers are rubbing together ever so slightly; it's a habit of his.

"Of course, sir." You clear the way for him and close the door behind him.

"I'm glad you're okay. I just about had a heart attack." He runs a hand through his hair and sits on the edge of your bed.

"Thank you, for being there for me tonight." You sit next to him, making sure there's some distance between you. You're sure he's here to say that tonight was a mistake, and you don't want to cross anymore boundaries.

"About tonight..."

"Sir, I know what you're going to say. It was unprofessional of me and-"

"Alexa." He cuts me off. "What happened tonight was something that I wanted to happen. If you don't feel the same way, I can move on."

"I do want this to happen. I just...you're my boss and you're guarded and I'm nervous. And I just don't know how this would work. Or know what this is. Or if there even is a this." You laugh nervously. "I'm rambling, I'm sorry, sir."

"Aaron." He corrects you. He grabs your hands and turns toward you. "The boss thing, I can do nothing about. Being...discreet is key. But I can be less guarded. What are you nervous about?"

"Why don't we talk about what I'm nervous about at a later date." You suggest while putting his arm around you. "I don't know what this is. And I don't want to make any assumptions."

"Fair enough. Are you sure you're alright?" He eyes the wrap on your arm.

You grab his hand to give a reassuring squeeze. "Yes, Aaron, I'm okay. Thank you." You look up at him with a smile and he smiles too.

"You know I was jealous tonight when you were with that woman." His voice is low, and you're surprised he's sharing this with you.

"I think subconsciously I was trying to make you jealous. She was attractive but I wasn't really thinking about her."

"What were you thinking about?" He's curious.

"I could show you..." You say with a sly smile on your face.

He tilts his head, questioningly, "Sure. Should I be nervous?" His eyes squint together.

"Only if you don't want to kiss me." You reply.

"I have no objections." He tries to keep the smile off his face, but his lips are twitching.
You're feeling bold and you want to see how far he's comfortable going. You know how far you're comfortable going; all the way.  You crawl up to the top of the bed.