Epilogue 3

Want to start this out by saying THANK YOU to every single reader. I never in a million years thought I would finish a story. I've started so many projects in the last few years just to stop because I didn't feel like it was good enough. Thank you to the ladies and theydies of the BAU Baddies Club for you encouragement and support, I couldn't have done this without you guys. I hope all of you enjoy Aaron and Alexa's love story. I'll be working on a new fic that should start up in the next week or so called Retrograde, it's also an Aaron Hotchner fic. Thanks again and please enjoy. ❤️

__

"Agent Hotchner?" A deputy walks into the bullpen.

"Yes?" You and Hotch turn around, responding at the same time. He rolls his eyes at you and you grin at him ruefully.

"There's a call for you on line two ma'am. Little girl named Lizzie." He points to the phone across the precinct.

Panic flares in your throat and you cross the space in moments. You almost rip the phone off the desk, "Lizzie, honey, what's wrong?"

"Mama!" She squeals happily. You can't help but smile at her sweet voice.

"Hi my love. What's wrong?" You ask again, your voice patient.

"Tried to call, you no answers." She mumbles. She's breathing hard and you hear Carmen yelling in the background. Lizzie must be pulling one of her runaway stunts.

"I'm so sorry, honey. Mama's phone died. What did you need?" You try to keep your voice serious as you imagine Carmen chasing after Lizzie trying to get her phone back.

"When do you come home mama?" Your heart aches when she asks you this.

"Daddy and I will be home so soon, you won't have to miss us for a moment more." Hotch is at your side, stroking your hair absentmindedly.

"Let me talk to her." Hotch sticks out his hand. You hand him the phone and then move closer trying to hear her. It's muffled but she's practically yelling, as always. It makes you giggle.

"Hi Lizzie, it's daddy." He pauses for a moment nodding. "Yes we're going to catch the bad guys." He laughs loudly but his expression changes fast. "No I'm not going to shoot anyone." He looks over at you alarmed and you shrugged. Lizzie and Jack were with Carmen this time, there's no telling what she's said to them.

"Tell her I love her. And to not talk about shooting." You whisper. He nods and tells her before asking for Jack. You tell him to tell Jack you love him too and he does shortly before he hangs up.

"She's a lot for a 4 year old." He runs a hand through his hair, his eyes wide. Lizzie was a lot more chaotic than either of you had anticipated, and it definitely sent him on a loop. He was 50 now and a four year old was...a handful.

"Yeah, maybe having Carmen babysit wasn't the best move if they're talking about shooting people." You say with a wide grin.

"Maybe not, but we'll think about it later. Come on let's work."

__

Aaron unlocks the front door and let's you in, following behind you. Not too long after Lizzie's birth, you all had moved into a bigger house so that Lizzie could eventually have her own space. You both drop your go bags by the front door. You're about to walk to the living room when he grabs your hand, stopping you.

"Are you alright?" He asks in his boss voice. He pulls you in close, wrapping his arms around you waist.

"You know I prefer apprehending them alive." You can't look him directly in the eye. This had been your first kill since you'd had Lizzie. Your first kill since Blake. You'd mostly healed from all the trauma that came with your ex girlfriend and her psychotic mind. Sometimes it still came up.