Part 26

Hey ladies and theydies! I know I say this all the time but I love y'all so much. This one's for my baby M, her mind is irreplaceable.

___

"Everything will be fine, bean. They're your brother and sister. They'll support you." Your dad says through the phone. You're hiding a bathroom, an anxious mess. You'd felt the morning sickness and had to run to the bathroom and now you were freaking out.

"I'm just so nervous, dad."

"No matter what, we'll be there. Now go get out there. Love you to the moon."

"To Venus, dad. I'll let you know how it goes." You hang up and look at yourself in the mirror. Turning to the side you look at your belly. No change still. Shaking your head, you exit the bathroom and make your way back to the table.

Before you can even sit down, Lucas is talking. "Are you going to tell us what's going on?" Lucas looks up from his plate, mimosa in hand.

"What do you mean?" You struggle to keep your voice light. You had invited Lucas and Annie out to their favorite brunch place. You'd let them get whatever they wanted, including bottomless mimosas that you longed to take part in. But it wasn't just you anymore. You had your own little bean to take care of now.

"I mean you obviously brought us here for something. We only come here for special occasions. We could've hung out at home." His eyes are trained on you intensely, but you continue to hold his gaze, not wanting to give anything away.

"I can't want to hang out with my brother and sister?" You lean back, crossing your arms across your chest. You were going to tell them; you'd already made yourself that promise. You'd also promised your parents today was the day. But Lucas wasn't making that any easier for you. Your nerves were on edge, it felt like every hair on your body was standing up.

"Yeah, Lucas, shut up before she makes us pay for our food." Annie scolds him, elbowing him in the stomach. He winces and glares at her and then at you.

"Oh, come on! She's been absolutely avoiding us and then suddenly, she wants to take us to brunch? What's happened? Are you leaving? Are you getting married? What?" His eyes narrow as he throws back the rest of the mimosa in her hand.

"I haven't been avoiding you! I've been recovering from traumatic events!" This was only partly true. You'd been struggling with a lot with morning sickness and didn't want them to put the pieces together before you were ready to tell them. You had also been avoiding them to avoid this conversation. They both loved kids, but you and Hotch hadn't even been together for 6 months yet.

"Bullshit!" He leans forward, pointing a finger at you. "I know you Alexa, I know when you're hiding something, so just spit it out. Whatever it is, we'll figure it out." His eyes and voice soften though he doesn't stop wagging his finger at you.

You sigh, defeated, running a hand through your hair. You look away from them, staring out the window for just a moment before recomposing yourself. They're both leaning forward, eyes expectant. "I'm pregnant."

Both of their mouths drop open, their eyes widening. You all sit there in silence for a second and you can almost see the wheels turning in their heads as they process the information.

Annie breaks the silence first. "Holy shit, Alexa!" Annie squeals, jumping up to hug you from across the table. She plants a bunch of kisses all over you face and it makes you giggle.

"Annie, quit it." You shoo her away, looking around the restaurant embarrassingly.

"I'm so excited! Our own little baby. Lucas can you believe it?" She turns to him, her eyes full of excitement. She shakes him and it's like he's finally back in the moment.