Part 11*

When you woke up the next morning, Hotch was sleeping peacefully next to you and sweet Babs was curled up at your feet. You feel surprisingly good, despite getting drunk last night. You loved the sight of him in your bed. Nuzzling up to him, you give him a kiss on the neck and he stirs. 

"Good morning." His morning voice is husky and deep. His arms circle around you and he pulls you in tighter.

"Good morning." You say with a cheesy grin across your face. You could get used to this. Waking up next to Aaron Hotchner every morning. Snuggling into him in your own little cacoon of peace. Babs stretches and comes up to join the two of you and you both give her a few pets.

"What do you want to do today?" He sits you both up, lacing his fingers through yours.

"Maybe we could go on a hike. I hear this is one of our last warm weekends."

"A hike it is." He hops up quickly and holds his hand out for you. You take it and he lifts you up, twirling you around in his arms.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"It's hard not to be, when I'm with you." His eyes bore into yours and you can feel yourself blushing.

"Well, I hate to ruin your mood, but we should talk about what JJ saw last night." You say seriously, changing the subject.

His grin falters and you feel guilty for bringing it up. It was defense mechanism, changing the subject when you felt those intense feelings you had for him come to the forefront of your mind. You wanted to pretend a little while longer that he felt the same way you did.

"Realistically, she saw nothing. We just need to act as normal as possible around her and everything will be fine."  He reasons.

You knew he was right. Keeping this from the team was the right thing to do for now. But what did it mean about your future together? You'd been thinking about this more and more the longer you two were together. How long would the two of you hide this? How long were you okay with hiding it? What if he always wanted to hide it? Would you be able to leave him? No, you don't think you could. Not with how you felt about him. You didn't want to admit it, but you were falling in love with Aaron Hotchner. You knew that this would end poorly. You would tell him you loved him and he would push you away because he was your boss. You'd have to get a new job. And try to move on?

"Hey, come back to me." He hands come up to cup your face and your eyes meet his. "Don't over think this, everything will be fine."

You press your lips to his and give him a reassuring smile.

"Let's get ready to go. We can get breakfast after our hike." You move out of his arms and you both quickly get dressed.

You let out Babs and say goodbye to your siblings before you both make your way to his car. His fingers are laced through yours but you feel a world away. You couldn't shake the blues you were feeling right now. Every time you tried to picture your future with him, it seemed so unsure. You fidget with your necklace, tracing the diamond in it time and time again as you become more anxious. You can feel that he glances over at you every once and while but just stare out the window, not taking in your surroundings at all. You absentmindedly notice him turn up the radio and Just a Kiss by Lady Antellbum plays softly from the speakers. The word echo in your mind:

I don't wanna push too far.

But you were already there. Pushed into love so unexpectedly, so quickly. It happened all at once. There's not a specific moment or event in your mind where you could point out when it started, but you knew that feeling well. There was something different about it this time though. It felt stronger and more absolute. Destined, even. And that scared you shitless.