Chapter Fifteen

"Come on iubirea vieții mele(love of my life) please. Wake up please just wake up!"

"What happened?"

"Oh sweet Jesus you are awake finally! We were hoping you could tell us what happened. I had just finished helping them bring our provisions in when we heard a loud bang from up here. When we came in, we found you lying on the floor with blood underneath you. You had a mild contusion to your face with a small laceration above your eye brow. What happened, you took years off my life woman!"

"I had just put a small map up on the chalk board with all the connected cases marked out on it. Oh..OH! I remember what was happening! I think I know who the suspect is! Look here where I marked out all of the spots where there were connected cases. Each place and time frame was where I was having patrols with my partner Rodrique. Which means it was either someone who had a serious hard on for me in particular or it was someone who knew my schedule and how my rotation worked. In order for it to have continued while I was out healing they would have had to have some idea on my rotation schedule which indicate that it was someone close to me. There was only 3 people in the beginning that knew my rotation and schedule that well. Danielle, her superior and Rodrique. Crossing off those who do not have the kind of magic needed to basically do a board wipe on someone's brain, that leaves only Rodrique who has been missing since just after the second attack. The last contact I had with him was when I had texted him that we had become a bonded pair. The only response I got was congrats and then he stopped talking all together. Look here on the board. Around the same time that I had told him that the attacks began to increase in frequency as if whoever was orchestrating them was angry. We have to return to the city! Whatever he is planning is going to be big and they need to be ready to stop him!"

"Calm down Tonya, you need to take a few deep breathes. I don't think I heard you take enough in that entire explanation. Now, are you sure about this? Could it be anyone else setting him up to take the fall for something he isn't actually doing?"

"I am sure! No one else would know my schedule the same way he would know it! These attacks were happening on the same routes we had been taking on patrols! It would not have been hard for him to use a little magic while I was busy looking at something else. Who else could have followed me around at every turn to plan this kind of attack? Unless you have another option, which I would not be opposed to, this is the only viable option right now. It is the only thing that currently fits. I don't know why he would do something like this or why he would want to expose everyone to the human species but it has to be him. Oh my lanta! We need to get ahold of Danielle and tell her! They need to be ready for whatever he is planning to do. As far as I know he does not know that we have been sent to a safe house so his attacks should be following along the same rotation that I would have been doing. Any kind of change to this rotation could trigger him to expedite his timeline."

"Alright, let's get the phones set up and we will get in contact with Danielle with our suspicions. We will see what she has to say about what you discovered and go from there. I agree that this seems to be a very viable fit to what has been happening but if this is true that means your partner has been corrupted and turned rogue. Either he did not find his soul bearer or she is the reason he has made this turn. Maybe Danielle with have some insight on how to save him if this is true. Come on dragoste dulce(sweet love), come downstairs with me so we can get this ball rolling."

   He led her downstairs where there was 2 brand new phones sitting on the table.  Drake sat down, pulling her into the comfort of his lap once again. He looked over her head to make sure the wounds were healing as quickly as they were suppose to. With a satisfied grunt, he reached across the table to pull the phones to him to set up while she sat quietly watching him. Once the phones were set up they sent a secure message to Danielle to call the secure line and that they had important information for her. He sat the phone back down while they waited for her to get their message. He had just handed her a sandwich that the other agents had made when the phone pinged with an incoming message. When they looked at the message their hearts stopped beating for what felt like eternity before super charging itself into their rib cages to the point it felt like they were going to end up with broken ribs.

'Found you my lovely. I warned you to stop poking your nose into this but you just couldn't listen. I expected nothing less from you though. My intentions up to this point I am sure have been unclear. Soon it will not matter who is bonded to who because everyone will be running to hide and I will bring that ridiculous excuse for supernatural law enforcement down for good. Then I will be coming for you and that worthless vampire you bonded to will be no match for me. My intentions will become clear in good time. See you soon'

"What...the...fuck..."