Secret mission

Hello peeps, you wouldn't believe it but this is the last book. Sad right? I know. But I am assuring her it is a bloody good one. A bit sad...heartbreaking even...eh but I don't want to spoil it for you😂 Enjoy guys!

Summer...

It's been six months. Six months since WICKED took away my sister and best friend. Six months since they took all those kids with them. Six months since they started a war with us. We were forced to move places. Taking the whole Right Arm...or whatever was left of it someplace else. It wasn't still much of a win. 

Still the same dusty scene all around, with a bit of a new addition of a sea that is just a bit further down the camp. That's where they are building the ship to get to the Safe Haven. But we were not the same. We changed. The loss and pain that we went through made us stronger. Teresa's betrayal showed me that you can't trust just anyone. All my childlike nature has left me that day. From that moment, I handled everything with absolute seriousness...well, most of the time anyway.

I grew up in a matter of a few simple seconds. I set my priorities straight. All that mattered was to get these people to safety and save Minho and Winter. Everyone was preparing for this. We were all ready to fight. 

Today we were about to figure out the last part of our plan. Someone is going to get into the spying mode to figure out when exactly are they transporting the immunes by train. I walked out of my tent that I shared with Newt. The boy is long on his feet. He and Thomas are already in the main house going through the plan over and over. The salty air coming from the sea was the first thing that hit my nose when I walked out. Along with the terribly bright sun lights. Ugh, it's too early for this.

I walked towards the main building, which is the only real building that we have here and even that one is half fallen apart, saying hi to Fry who was outside with Harriet. They were doing something with the guns. I pushed through the creaky doors. Strutting in with confidence radiating out of me. 

"Morning guys." I greeted catching their attention. Vince, Thomas, and Newt both looked up their eyes staying on me a bit longer than would be necessary. Newt was the first one to get out of the trance and he elbowed Thomas quite harshly when he saw him staring at me. 

"Her eyes are a bit higher Tommy," Newt muttered. He slapped Thomas' shoulder one more time before walking over to me. His arm found its way around my waist pulling me closer to him. I received a loving kiss on the lips. While in here Newt and I grew closer. From the original Gladers, it was just him and me now. And Fry but Fry seemed to grow quite close to Harriet over time. 

We can say that relationship between me and Newt got stronger. He was still way too overprotective of me. But now he could stand his ground. He was no longer keeping what he felt to himself. If he was uncomfortable with boys staring at me he just warned them sternly about it. Still wasn't much for yelling but that is why I love him. 

"You slept well love?" Newt asked when he pulled away from the kiss. I smiled up at him. Getting lost in his warm brown eyes. 

"It was fine while you were beside me. After that, I was rather cold." I winked up at him causing him to chuckle. 

"Can we skip all this nonsense and get back to the plan?" Vince asked, sounding rather annoyed. Rolling my eyes Newt and I walked over to them again. 

"So, what's the plan?" I asked, looking down at the paper that had all steps written on it. The whole plan of the mission was there. Written to the smallest of details. 

"We know that today, the WICKED will get the date of when the transport of the kids will be. We need someone to go there and get that information." Thomas said. His eyes shifting between the table and me. Newt seemed to notice and he put a protective arm around me.