Into the unknown!

Alert, alert, from this chapter, the story is getting a bit dark...not wanna spoiler anything so I'm just gonna say read cautiously from now on if you get scared easily or you get sick or triggered by something. 

Also...who got that reference...I love you and I am gonna marry you!

Summer...

You know I am not exactly sure what I was thinking when I decided to tag along like this. Why didn't I just climb my way into the trunk? Would have been surely more comfortable than being cramped up in this limited space. 

I am practically suffocating here under the blanket and you want to know what is even worse? Somehow my luck decided o flee on a holiday today and Newt magically ended up in the backseat. How is that even possible? He always fights like crazy for the shotgun, why is he here now? 

I wouldn't be worried if it were Thomas who would sit back here because even if he saw me he would probably be quiet about it. He would just enjoy silently the fact that he was correct back in the garage. 

Now? I have to literally hold my breath so I wouldn't alert Newt who has his legs right in front of my eyes. My knees are buried in my ribs and let me just inform you it wasn't the most comfortable feeling. 

Every jump the creaky old car made on this uneven road full of rocks and holes pushed my knees through my ribcage. So far no uncomfortable crack was heard so I can assume that my bones are still in one piece without fractures. 

I still can't believe that Newt didn't just notice the odd-looking blanket on the ground. I mean, most of the time he is really observant. Yet now, the giant blanket on the ground that keeps moving up and down with my every breath doesn't seem to alert him in any way. Should I be concerned or relieved? 

The car came to a sudden stop. The sun long cooking me alive under this blanket so I am guessing that the morning has finally come. Good news then, but why are we stopping? Should we be stopping? Are we in the city yet? The ride was too short for that, wasn't it? I know we traveled the whole night and that Fry might be tired but we surely can't be in the Last City yet.  

I heard Newt sigh. Followed by the three sets of doors opening. Maybe since they are gone I can get myself some air. I am suffocating in here. Throwing the blanket off of my head I took a deep breath. Shucking hell, that was unbearable. 

Looking out of the window to gaze at the surrounding I figured that we were...um I don't really know. It looked like we were in front of some tunnel. Great, exactly the place for cranks. Why not. And I am sure that these shanks want to go straight in there. 

"You want us to go in there?" I heard Newt ask from the front of the car. Peeking from behind the seat to look at the three boys that had their backs to me. "I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." And I agree dear. Thomas was glancing at the old map, trying to figure some way around this but I guess there is none. 

"I don't think we have much of a choice," Thomas answered. My hand reached towards my belt to feel the gun that I had there. Still here, I am a tad bit calmer now. Tho I am still not sure if it will help me completely against thousands of cranks that might be in that tunnel. Dark places like this secluded from everything are said to be the most crowded with infected people. 

"All right. I get a shotgun." Before I could react to that sentence Newt had turned around. My eyes widened as I quickly ducked behind the seat. Oh, my shucking hell. Did he see me? I hope he didn't. My answer came when the back doors where I was hiding were opened roughly and I was left staring at the angry face of my lovely boyfriend. Pulling on my best sheepish smile I looked up at his anger painted features. I am in so much trouble.