CHAPTER NINE; quidditch practice

~Y/N's POV~

Fred, George, Oliver, Harry and I sat in the Quidditch changing rooms, waiting for Angelina and Alicia to turn up.

We were all in our Quidditch uniforms with our brooms and other gear, all ready to play.

Suddenly, Angelina and Alicia bursted in giggling.

"Hey Freddie. Hi Georgie." Angelina smiled, basically giving the twins heart eyes.

"Fred, not Freddie." Fred mumbles to her. Angelina frowns and turns to go get changed with Alicia.

I nudged the twins and point at Oliver, who was looking out at the stands, where someone was sitting.

"Those two better hurry up." Wood scowled. "Lee's out there waiting and I-"

"OOOOHHH Oliver and Lee!" George gushed

"How romantic!" Fred grinned

"The perfect couple!" I said. Oliver rolled his eyes. George and Harry burst out laughing when Wood muttered under his breath. "No Y/N. That's you and Fred."

Obviously we all heard him. I saw the tips of Fred's ears sport a nice red colour, and his face matched. I turned my face away as I felt my face heat up, probably matched Fred's.

Angelina and Alicia finally finished changing finally and the seven of us all walk out. Oliver looks up at Lee, who waves.

I'm still mad at Ollie for what he said. He's like a big brother to me and I love him, but he can be a prick sometimes. I owled him over the Summer telling him about me liking Fred and now I regret it. He keeps on subtlety mentioning it.

"All right team." Oliver started, "this is our last chance—my last chance—to win the Quidditch cup." He was pacing back and forth in front of us. "I'll never get another shot at it since I'm leaving at the end of the year.

"Gryffindor haven't won for 7 years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world. Injuries." Wood looked at the twins and I. "Then the tournament being called off last year...but we also know we've got the best-ruddy-team-in-the-school!"

We all smiled at these words.

"We've got three superb chasers!" Wood pointed to Alicia, Angelina and I.

"One's better than the other two." Fred mumbled to George. Wood then pointed to the twins.

"Two unbeatable beaters!" He grinned.

"Aw, stop it Oliver. You're embarrassing us!" Said Fred and George, pretending to blush

"And we've got a seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Oliver rumbled, glaring at Harry with furious pride. "And me" Wood added after some thought.

"We think you're really good too, Oliver" George said

"Cracking keeper." Said Fred, smiling.

"The point is," Oliver said, pacing again. "The Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team, I've thought the thing was in the bag.

"But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll—I'll—have to finally get to see our name on the thing..." Wood stopped pacing again.

"Oliver, this year's our year!" Said Fred.

"Yeah Ollie, we'll do it!" I smiled to him.

Wood looked up to Lee again, who gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay team, let's play some Quidditch!"

Very short chapter, sorry.

514 Words