Chapter 7

Picture of Lara above 

I show up at the softball practice fields in my big banana car. I get out and walk towards the field to watch Lara practice with her softball team. I have only been to this practice field once or twice since I only really have attended their games and not practices. 

I walk up to the field and find a spot on the bleachers. I see Lara taking practice swings of her baguette bat and instead of a ball, she is hitting big balls of chocolate pudding. 

I don't question this odd choice and instead wish I could get some of that pudding. It looks so delicious being hit off the end of that large and long piece of bread! 

I hear a clap of thunder and see the clouds get darker and realize it's going to rain.

"I didn't come dressed for this type of weather," I say to no one but myself as I look down and realize I am still wearing my pajamas. 

I look up to the sky and smell the rain coming. I climb off the bleachers and start to head towards my banana car which is actually quite appetizing at the moment as well.

 As I take another step I thought I felt a raindrop so I look up and realize the rain is starting to fall. However it's not raining actual rain, it is raining....what are those?? GEESE!?? Oh shit! It's actually raining geese! 

I take off in a full sprint but it's actually a very slow walk in slow motion to try and reach my car. The faster I try to run the more I float up into the air. Geese are falling all around me as I fly on over to my banana car. I stop by flying-run right next to my car and climb in. 

I feel relieved having escaped without getting hit with one of the falling geese. 

I motion to turn my car on and look through the windshield and see her.

I am just as shocked as the first 2 times I saw her and my heart rate increases. She stands there in all her beauty and I take a deep breath and smile. I want to enjoy this feeling of seeing her again. Because it won't last. 

She points to something across the street and I look out my driver's side window in the direction she is pointing. 

My heart drops. 

It's the house. 

I look back in front of me through the windshield and Abby is gone. I feel empty again. Lost.

I put the key in the ignition and look back out my window just in time to see a car pull up to the house. 

The front door opens and a red-headed fake rude lady walks out. She has on a skin-tight short black skirt, a tight low cut red shirt, and high heels. Looks like maybe she's headed to the strip club? 

The thing that surprises me the most though is when she climbs into Chris's silver Mercedes before he drives away. 

My eyes fly open. My heart still racing and I'm drenched in sweat. Laying in my warm bed at home.

No, it wasn't the fact that I was on a mission from the softball field to the banana car dodging all these geese that had my heart racing. It was the fact that Abby showed up again in my dream. With that house. and this time Chris was there.

Does he know that Lady stripper named Kara? What significance to either of them hold to me and my dreams? Why am I constantly dreaming about food? 

I make a note to myself to make sure I eat dinner from now on instead of going straight to bed.

Before I can process any more thoughts I hear my phone ding from a text message. I open my phone and see it's from Greyson. I smile and open the text

Need a ride to school? I'll be there at 7:30 :)  it reads 

I notice how he asked a question but told me he was coming without my answer. I wanted to tell him I didn't need a ride because I had my banana car but then realized in fact I do not own such a car. Darn it

I smile before I grab my clothes and head off into my bathroom to shower and get ready for school.

After I'm ready I make my way down to the kitchen to grab something quick for breakfast since I only have less than 10 minutes until Greyson shows up. 

My mom and Chris are in there having a muffin and their morning coffee. 

I don't really feel like talking to them so I search for something quick I can grab on my way out. I open the fridge and realize I'm really craving chocolate pudding. I grab one and shut the fridge and walk over to the counter to grab a banana. 

I start to walk out when my mom speaks "Oh by the way honey be home by 5 tonight. We are having Chris's boss and his wife over for dinner and I need you to be presentable and make a good impression on these people. It's important."

"Why do I need to be here? Can't you just pretend I don't exist and go on with your whole dinner?" I ask

Chris chimes in "Don't question your mom. What we say goes and you will be here. Where is your car by the way? Did you leave it wherever you are whoring around?" 

My mom gasps but doesn't say anything because she is too afraid of what Chris's reaction would be. 

I feel my face flush, I can feel my anger moving to the surface. I am so sick of him! I am sick of the way he treats me, the way he treats my mom, and how he just walks all over her. She can't think for herself because he tells her how to feel or how to think. She can't stand up to him ever and I have. had. it. 

I feel like I am about to explode and scream at both of them when I hear a honk out front.

Instead of responding I storm out of the house and into Greyson's car. I look over at him with all my anger pouring out of me, on the verge of crying from anger or beating the shit out of someone to see a look on his face. It's anger

He is equally as mad. But what made him angry? I am almost scared or worried because it looks like he wants to hit someone too.

He opens his mouth and says "What in the hell did he do to you!??"