Epilogue

I finish applying mascara to my eyelashes and reach for my lip gloss. "Honey! Greyson is here to pick you up!" my mom shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'll be right down," I yell back to her as I apply the gloss to my lips.

Before I leave my room I grab my phone and put it in my purse and I pick my graduation cap up off my bed and head down the stairs.

"You look so beautiful," Greyson says as he leans in and kisses me on the cheek. 

"You look so handsome Grey," I tell him "Let's go or we are going to be late for our own graduation."

The graduation ceremony goes off without a hitch. Madison was the school's valedictorian and after her speech, we all stand up clapping and yelling for her. Even Lara has become good friends with her over these last couple of months.

After the ceremony, we all take pictures with our different friend groups and head back to our houses to get ready for the graduation party. My mom decided to throw a graduation party for me and anyone I wanted to invite. 

I'm so excited because I've never thrown a party before. I've just never been outgoing enough to want to but I've grown into a different person.

Greyson was the first to arrive, as he came early to help my mom and I set up. I open the door to see him wearing a purple sweater with a mustard yellow collared shirt underneath, and blue slacks. Another look he is somehow able to pull off. 

He looks so yummy

He looks so yummy. "Hey babe," I say as I stand on my toes to kiss him. "I still haven't changed but I'll do that right before everyone gets here. Want to go out back and help my mom set up the chairs and tables?" I say and point towards the back sliding glass door which leads to the deck and pool that's back there.

After we are done setting up, my mom says she will set out all the food and drinks so I can go get ready since everyone will start showing up soon. "Want to come upstairs with me?" I ask Greyson

"Yeah, I'll help you in to your dress," he says with a smirk and a wink.

I blush and smile before heading up to my room. 

I go to change in my dress in the bathroom and come out to show Greyson "Does this look ok?" I ask as I twirl around in a circle so he can see it. I went with a shiny metallic teal and gold skater dress that hits mid-thigh, the straps come over my shoulders and twist in the back. I went with subtle makeup for today as well as my naturally wavy hair.

 I went with subtle makeup for today as well as my naturally wavy hair

"You look breathtakingly beautiful," he says "you look perfect

"You look breathtakingly beautiful," he says "you look perfect. Come here." he motions for me to come towards him where he is sitting on the edge of my bed.

I stand with my legs in between his and he snakes his arm around my waist. I lean down and press my lips to his. He moves his other hand to the back of my head and runs his fingers through my hair.

I feel his warm breath on my face and the smell of mint and his heavenly cologne. 

He runs his tongue along my lips searching for a way in. I open my mouth to allow our tongues to meet. Our kiss grows deeper and I climb onto his lap, now straddling him. His hands are roaming my body and things are getting heated. 

"Lissa, your guests are arriving," I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

We break apart and are breathing heavily. That was the best moment in my entire life it feels like. The feelings coursing through my body right now are unexplainable. There aren't enough words in the English language to say what Greyson does to me. How he makes me feel. He's like a drug that I am addicted to. Not only do I want him, but I also NEED him. 

After we catch our breath and straighten out our clothes we head down the stairs to greet our friends. 

We enjoy the night by eating good food, laughing, and dancing, and hanging out with the most important people in our lives. 

Although we have a couple of months of summer I am going to miss a lot of these people that are going off to college. 

I have chosen to stay at home and attend a college that is in our city. I just don't want to leave my mom as Chris's trial starts. Thankfully, Greyson has decided to stay as well and continue to help his dad with River. 

Lara is also staying close because her coffee shop boyfriend, I now know is named Kyle, has already been attending college here. It took her a while to reveal him to us because he was an older college guy and didn't want anyone to try and lecture her about it. I would have accepted him either way but I am just glad we are able to get to know him now. 

Madison will be attending a college that is north about 45 minutes from us and staying in the dorms there. We have plans to try and meet up on the weekends to catch up once school starts.

Blake got a football scholarship in a state across the country. Although we aren't close we have been able to make amends with the help of Madison. 

I feel like I am moving on from high school with closure. I hold no grudges and I am excited for what the future holds. I know Abby would be proud of the giant strides I've made this past year.

As the night comes to a close I whistle to get everyone's attention. "I just wanted to say a few things before our night ends and everyone goes home," I say "let's make a toast"

"Although this last year has been one of the toughest years for me, it has also been the best. I have made new friends and lost enemies," I say as I look towards Madison and Blake and raise my cup "I have grown closer to old friends," I say as I look towards Lara and raise my cup "and I have found the love of my life, "I say as I look towards Greyson who stands there with a giant grin showing off his white teeth making my heart flutter. I blow him a kiss.

"Now, let's go and have one hell of a wild summer before everyone moves onto being adults," I continue "Cheers to our futures!"