Chapter 23

I stop in my tracks and look up to meet the icy stare coming from Chris's eyes. I gasp and push past him to try and make it to my car. If I can just make it to my car I can lock the doors and drive quickly away from here.

I make it down a couple of steps before he grabs onto my arm with force and starts pulling me into the house. I try to fight it "NO! LET ME GO!" I yell as I begin to panic at the thought of what he will do to me if he gets me inside alone.

I start throwing my fists into his chest. I hit and kick him and claw my nails into him. Anything to try and get away but he keeps pulling me towards the front door.

"Why are you in such a hurry to get away?" Chris asks "What are you trying to hide Alissa?"

I fight against him more and we start to scuffle, I fall to the ground and he starts pulling me into the house by my leg. I am losing this fight. 

My screams for help are unheard as he gets me inside and slams the door behind him. He looks over into the living room and sees the smoke detector down and the camera with all it's parts scattered on the floor. I'm screwed. 

MADISON POINT OF VIEW:

I'm driving down the road in my white Jeep with the music blasting, headed to Blakes house. 

I am driving through Alissa's neighborhood. I wonder where she has been for the last few days. She probably got sick of living in my shadow and decided to off herself just like her sister, I laugh at the thought. I'm just sad that Greyson isn't around right now for me to seduce. 

I slow down as I see her house a few houses down. That's when I see Alissa. It looks like she is being pulled into her house by her stepdad. 

She looks terrible, even worse than usual. Her hair is a disheveled mess, she has no makeup on and there are dark circles under her eyes. She looks frantic and upset. 

I wonder what she did to get herself into trouble with daddy dearest. 

Just as I am passing her house I see she falls to the ground and he starts dragging her into the house by her foot. She's screaming for help.

Shit. 

Not my problem I remind myself as I pass her house.

I get a block away before my conscience gets the better of me and before I know it I am turning around, headed back to her house. 

I sit in my car for a second debating whether or not I am going to go in. It's not really any of my business but the look on her face along with her desperate cries for help are etched in my brain. 

Against my better judgment, I make my way to her front door. I hear them arguing inside. Alissa is telling him to let her go.

I knock on the door and they don't answer so I open the door slowly and peek inside. 

He has his hands around her throat and is choking her. 

ALISSA'S POINT OF VIEW:

He knows that I know the truth. I am fighting for my life right now but it's useless. He is too strong. I am going to die today but I am not going to give up without a fight.

I am kicking and hitting him trying to get away. I only make it a few feet away before I am slammed onto my back. He is on top of me with his hands wrapped around my neck. I can't breathe, I can't scream, I can't move. This is it, I am going to die right here on my living room floor. 

Suddenly I hear a familiar female voice "GET THE HELL OFF OF HER!" she yells as she jumps on his back and wraps an arm around his neck and starts choking him. 

He releases his hold on my neck and stands up as I gasp for air.

I look up to see Madison on his back with her arms wrapped around his neck. Where the hell did she even come from?

I struggle to get up, I am more hurt than I realize but now Madison is in danger. 

He throws her off of him towards the wall and she releases a groan as she hits the wall hard.

"When will people learn to mind their own business," he yells "now I have 2 problems I need to take care of!"

I swallow hard trying to think of my next move. I can't let us both die in here today. 

I jump on Chris's back since that seemed to throw him off when Madison did it. "Madison hurry, get the hell out of here and get help!" I yell as I am struggling to keep myself on his back. 

"Oh no you don't!" Chris yells as he now throws me into Madison and we both fall to the ground. "Neither of you is leaving this house today," he says

Suddenly I feel a blow to my head and everything turns black. 

As I open my eyes I feel a pounding in my head. I try to put my hand to my head but I can't move my arm. I look down and see that I am tied to a chair. I look over and see Madison next to me unconscious with blood running down her nose. I look around and realize we are in my basement. 

He must have knocked us both out and brought us down here to do the deed. 

I begin to scream as loud as I can. I know my mom should be home at any time and I am hoping that she can hear me and save us.

The door to the basement flies open and I hear footsteps coming down the wooden stairs. 

Chris comes into view with some rags. He shoves one in my mouth and I gag. He secures it with duct tape and does the same to Madison who is now waking up. 

"I can't take care of this right now since your mom will be home soon," he says "but I'll be back down later when she is sleeping to finish it," he says before he walks back up the stairs.

Tears are falling down my face and I look over at Madison who is crying and trying to scream. She is panicking. 

I try to move my arms but I feel the circulation being cut off to my hands and feet. He made sure we weren't going anywhere. 

For what seems like a couple of hours I hear them walking around upstairs. My mom doesn't come down here often because it's mostly used for storage, so there is no hope of her coming down here tonight. 

After a bit longer I hear some footsteps upstairs. They get closer to the basement door and I hear the door open. 

This is it. This is where I die. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to Greyson. I feel so bad that I have been avoiding him and I can't believe I left him in the dark like that.

Tears are coming out in a steady stream and Greyson is in my thoughts as I am ready to meet my fate. 

I look up towards the stairs waiting for Chris to come into view when I catch the scent of a familiar cologne.