Chapter 18

The next few weeks fly by. Everything seems to be going really well between Greyson and me. We spend every moment we can together and we have grown a lot closer. Things are progressing with him and we have even talked about what will happen after graduation. He is helping me heal and move on and accept Abby's death.

Things around the house have been pretty quiet and I have been putting off the talk with my mom but I know that It needs to happen soon since Chris has been spending more and more time away from home. 

Lara has started dating that coffee shop guy who she still hasn't given me a lot of information about but I am too wrapped up in Greyson to question her.

I haven't had any more dreams about Abby. Come to think of it, I haven't had any more dreams about anything actually. I sometimes wish that I did have those dreams because I am starting to miss Abby so much again. 

Today is Friday and Greyson and I have plans to hang out and watch a new movie that just came out that I've been dying to watch. I have all the snacks I bought for us all laid out on the coffee table and I am just waiting on Greyson who is late. It's weird because he is NEVER late. I am beginning to get a little worried.

At that thought, the doorbell rings. I open it to find Greyson standing there with his hands in his pockets and he's looking down at the ground. 

"Hello, handsome. I was wondering if you were going to show up I...what's wrong??" I notice right away he is not his happy self. Something is wrong.

"Hey," he says in a very quiet, solemn voice "can I come in?" he asks never taking his eyes off the ground. 

"Uh yeah, I mean, of course, we have plans anyway don't we?" I ask as I step aside to let me in.

He doesn't say anything and just walks in past me with his head still down and sits down on the couch. He sits on the edge with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. 

"Grey? What's wrong?" I ask sitting down on the couch next to him also sitting towards the edge and facing my body towards his.

"Alissa," He says and pauses. Whatever he is about to say I know it's not good. "My dad has some business to attend to in Japan for a while." He looks up now into my eyes "He is taking River and me along since it is for an unknown amount of time."

What did he just say? "Japan? What do you mean? Are-are you moving? A-and what about school? Graduation is coming in a couple of months!" I say as my heart sinks. This can't be happening. 

"No we aren't moving but he doesn't know how long the trip will be. It could be a few weeks, it could be a couple of months." He says sadly still looking in my eyes "and they are allowing me to continue school online for the time being."

My thoughts are swirling. I feel anger and sadness rising to my chest. I feel like the wind has just been knocked out of me. I am angry and hurt and I know he can feel that right now.

"You know this isn't my choice right Liss? I would never want to leave you here for any amount of time. But my dad, he needs my help with River and since River is a minor he can't just leave us here. This business trip is detrimental to my dad's company so it has to happen. I'm really sorry." He says looking back down towards the floor again. 

Tears begin to well at the surface of my eyes. "What am I going to do without you, Grey?" I say softly, barely loud enough for him to hear "I'm going to miss you so much." I continue as the tears now begin to stream out of my face.

He reaches over and gently wipes the tears from my face and now looks into my eyes "I am going to miss you more than you know," he says "we will talk every day and facetime and before you know it I will be back here with you." 

"You're going to be in completely opposite time zones how will that ever work?" I ask unhopeful 

"I don't care if I have to wake up in the middle of the night to talk to you, I will," he says

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "I love you Alissa, and even though we may be apart for a short time, I promise you my heart will be here with you," he says with tears now welling in his eyes.

I think I felt my heart skip a beat just now. Did he really tell me he loves me? I am in disbelief and shock by everything that he has just said. Of course, when I start to get my life back on track and get a grip on myself after my sister's death things start to fall apart. Tears continue to fall in a steady stream down my face.

I am really going to miss him and my heart already hurts at the thought of him being gone but I have to remember that he will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later and I will be with my love once again. Yes, my love. 

"I love you too, Greyson," I say as my heart beats out of my chest. 

He leans in and presses his lips to my tear-soaked lips and slowly, sensually kisses me. I swear I can feel his feelings of love mixed with sadness radiate off of him but it may just be my feelings soaring out of me. 

We continue on with our night watching the movie like we had planned but I can't seem to concentrate on what is happening in the movie. My thoughts are on Greyson leaving. 

Leaving me.

Any amount of time is still going to be painful. But I have been through more and hopefully, I can get through this too. 

Don't forget to vote and comment!