Chapter 21

I try to pry my eyes open but they feel so heavy. I feel like someone gave me 100 sleeping pills last night. I try to move my body out of my bed and I can't move.

I fall to the floor with a thud. I reach up to retrieve my phone from the nightstand and pry my eyes open to check the time. It's 9 am which means everyone should be gone from the house.

I wish I could move off the floor but I'm stuck. 

I pry one eye open again and take a closer look at my phone. Hmm, that's weird. This looks like Abby's phone and not mine. 

I think it's the drugs messing with my head now. 

Suddenly I hear footsteps and voices and it sounds like they are getting closer to my room. 

"She should still be out cold," I hear Chris say.

"Looks like the drugs you gave her worked," I hear an eerily familiar voice say.

"Yeah, I had to make sure she stayed asleep long enough for everyone, including Alissa, to leave the house before she woke up," Chris says

What does he mean Alissa? I am Alissa. 

I need to get up off the floor and get the hell out of this house. I don't have a good feeling about this.

As I try to move and speak nothing comes out but a groan. 

Why does my body feel so heavy? I took the correct dose of sleeping and anxiety medication before going to sleep. 

"You have the other drugs?" Chris asks the female 

"Yes and I made sure my dealer gave me the most potent stuff," she replies

Chills run through me as I realize that the female voice is coming from none other than the redheaded bimbo.

Oh shit, If I don't get out of here I will die.

I feel Chris's arms around me. He lifts me up and carries me towards the bathroom. 

"Let's do it in here, I don't want to leave a mess for her mom and me to have to clean up," he says as he places me in the bathtub. 

I muster enough strength to open my eyes to see Chris and Kara standing in front of me. I want my killers to look in my eyes before the deed is done. 

Kara cocks her head to the side."Don't worry Abby, you will feel really good, and then you will sleep and not wake up," Kara says coldly.

Abby? No, I'm Alissa. I try to scream but only a croak comes out. 

Something is being tied around my upper arm, cutting off the circulation. 

My heart starts racing. I know my fate is coming and realize I am going to miss my mom so much. I can't bear the thought of how much this is going to hurt Greyson. I should have listened to him. 

I feel a poke in my arm and a warm liquid running through my veins. 

I'm getting even sleepier. 

In a few moments, I will be reunited with Abby and the thought of that makes me relax.

Soon my mind shuts off completely and I am falling.

I fall out of bed gasping for air and I feel bile rising at the back of my throat. I race to the bathroom and try to throw up but nothing is coming out. I continue to dry heave, thick tears sliding down my face. 

That was not a dream. That was my worst nightmare.

I run over to my nightstand and pull out the anxiety pills, with shaky hands I grab one, swallowing it whole.

That's how it happened. I knew she would never take herself from this world. 

The sad and scary thing is, I have no way of proving they did this to her and that kills me even more. I have to act like nothing is wrong but also knowing the real monster I'm living with and not being able to do anything about it makes me sick.

I feel the urge to get out of this house. I feel suffocated and I can't breathe. I slip on my shoes and start to run and I don't stop. I just keep running as fast and as far as my legs will take me.

I thought I knew pain before but it was nothing compared to what I feel right now. I relived Abby's death. I should have never left her that morning but I thought she was going to follow right behind me in her car, she was never to school on time. I should have been there for her. I could have saved her.

The tears won't stop falling. I thought I felt alone before, this is alone on a whole new level and I don't even want to be here at this point. I don't deserve to be here.

I come to a stop at a park and decide I better sit down on a bench, the pill is starting to kick in making me feel like jelly. 

I take a few deep breaths and try to stop the tears from coming. As I wipe my face and eyes I look off into the distance and swear I see Abby standing next to a tree facing me. Just how she looked in my dreams.

I squint my eyes trying to get a better look. It looks just like her and I swear I can feel her presence. My dear sweet sister, she didn't deserve any of this and I wish I could take her place instead. I blink again and she is gone. 

I need to make this right. I need to find some sort of evidence against Chris and get my mom and others to see him for who he really is, a murderer. She was coming to me in my dreams for a reason and sending me messages for a reason. I can't just sit back and accept my own fate. 

As much as I want to be with my sister again I can't leave my mom here. Not when she has a murderer as a husband. I will find the truth and expose him even if it kills me.