Chapter 26

I sit under the blue tent, looking ahead of me towards the casket. The beautiful cherry wood is draped with flowers. I'm listening to my father's speech as tears continue to fall down my face. 

You would have thought I would be completely out of tears by now, since losing Abby just a few days ago I don't think I've stopped crying.

The burial at Abby's graveside is over and we are all headed to our cars to leave and off in the distance I see her. 

I don't think, instead, my legs just carry me in the direction that I see Abby standing. 

She isn't moving or walking away. She's just standing there with a solemn look on her beautiful face. 

As I get closer my heart races. For some reason, I think I can actually feel what she is feeling the closer I get. 

"Abby," I whisper hoping she won't leave when I get too close to her "please don't leave me."

"Lissy, thank you," she says softly in an angelic voice. 

I am now standing just inches from her. I throw my arms around her and embrace her in a tight hug. "I miss you so much Ab, I love you so much." I saying with shakey sobs coming from my mouth.

Feelings of happiness and love pour out of me. I have been longing to feel her warmth and her touch and I never want to let go. 

Abby pulls away slightly and looks into my eyes. "I have to go, I'm sorry Lissy, thank you for everything," she says as she takes a couple of steps back, away from me.

"No! please Abby don't go! PLEASE!" I plead "Don't leave me,"

"You will be ok. We will be together again someday," she tries to reassure me "give mom a kiss for me." she says as her figure starts to fade

I look at her through the tears and I can feel her feelings of peace and happiness. Right now I know that Abby is ok. She is at peace and she is happy. I hope I somehow helped with that. Now she can rest in peace. 

I am shaken awake by someone "Alissa, Alissa wake up," Roxanne says "He is out of surgery, we can go see him,"

I sit straight up and wipe the tears from my face. I must have been crying in my sleep.

We walk slowly into his room and I see him laying there with his eyes closed and monitors hooked to him. A nurse is just finishing up checking his stats "He should wake up soon, once the anesthesia wears off a little," she explains before she walks out the door.

"I don't know if it's best that I am here right when he wakes up," his mom says, "I think I will give him a little time to recover before I come back. I don't want to make things harder for him right now," she says in a sad voice.

I give her a sympathetic look before she leans down and kisses him on the forehead. "His dad is on his way back from Japan, he should be here by tomorrow," she says "keep him company until then?" she asks

"Of course," I say with a soft voice "I'm not going anywhere," I say as I look down at Greyson.

She reaches over and squeezes my hand before walking out of the room.

I pull the chair sitting off in the corner up to Greyson's bedside. I take his hand in mine and stare at his handsome face. I feel so grateful that he made it through the surgery. I feel sad and guilty that he had to endure all of this because of me. 

At that thought I see his eyes flutter open. I lean in closer to him "Greyson?" I say

"Liss, you're ok," he says with a scratchy voice "I've been so worried about you these past few days." 

"I know, I'm so sorry that I shut you out. It was with the intention to NOT have you worry and I now realize that it did just the opposite." I say

"It's ok," he says with a small smile "If I hadn't seen the bruises and been ignored by you I wouldn't have made the split decision to hop on a plane and come back home to you, I might have been too late." 

"I've missed you so much," I say "I love you Greyson."

"I love you too Liss, come here I need a kiss," he says with a grin on his face

I lean in and press my lips to his. A feeling of warmth and love spreads through my body and my stomach flutters. I take a deep breath, savoring this moment.

I pull away and look into his beautiful green eyes. "Alissa promise me something," he says "don't take any more pills. They aren't good for you and you don't need them."

"You're right, I don't need them now that I have you," I say "It was just so hard while you were gone and I didn't think I could deal with everything. I felt sad and alone but I dealt with it in the wrong way." I explain.

"Just don't ever leave me again," I say only half-joking

"Don't worry beautiful, I'm not going anywhere," he says as I lean in and press my lips to his once again.