Chapter 4~ Again I couldn remember anything......

"RUBY!!" my mother screamed when she opened the door and found me standing behind it relieving her from all the stress that must have been burdening her all damn day! She then hugged me so tight that for a moment I was afraid that my eyes would pop out of my eyepockets! However, I was so glad the I finally saw her,after  one agonizing day for both of us! The welcoming atmosphere disappeared abruplty when her palm met my cheek in a pretty striking slap that caused my jaw too hurt like hell!

"thats for being a day late,for not answering your phone and for taking advantage of me being linient and cool as far as you foing out is concerned! where the hell where you??" from her's voice tone anyone could understand how furious she was

"mom I am sorry for disobeing you and for driving you crazy because of my absence but .. I .."  before I could finish my sentence Jai suddenly appeared next to me and said  in a soft and calm voice:

"Dont blame Ruby for what happened yesterday since it is not her fault at all! neither is mine!" I looked at him quite worried about where he was getting at.. Apparently lying is how we are going to get away with it! " you see my brother Luke went to a very dangerous club where he got wasted and ended up in a random deserted alley and  he needed my  help! he had no idea where he was so it took us a long time to track him down! Ruby was  willing to provide me with the help that I desperately needed! unfortunatetely there was no signal and we couldnt tell you where we were!!" omg Jai is such a good liar! He managed to tranform our drunken story into one where we appeared as the sober saviors! Well, now it makes sence how he managed to have so many girlfriends at the same time!

I looked over at Luke who was still sitting at he driver's seat.

" you were gone all day without telling me or Ginna because you were looking for drunk luke?" mom asked in disbelief and crossed her hands in front of her chest.

"exactly!" jai and I responded in sync

"luke the one who drove here, Luke  who  you just told me was wasted to the core!!?? that luke?" she said and raised her eyebrow. SHIT!! way to go jai!  

"whaat?? luke get away from the steering wheel you cant drive at your state!!" jai yelled and started shaking his hand like a retard in order to convince my mom that he was actually talking to a drunk person! Luke looked at him like he had lost for which I dont blame him since Jai looks quite nuts at the moment! Even though I was pretty worried that mom would become even more mad that we lied on top of being absent for one day, I couldnt but fight to avoid bursting out laughing! Jai kept on waving and screaming at Luke to move to the backseat , till he gave in and obeyed to his brothers unreasonable  commands.

"see he gets a bit wild when he drinks..." jai said his cheeks red from the intense effort to lie convincingly.

" come on do you think a was born yesterday??" mom started saying but he got interrupted by jai touching her shoulder.

"Mrs Monica please believe me we are telling the truth and only the truth!" he said immitating one of the phrases that are often used in court.

Mom's expression softened a lot and she looked at both of us for a while and then said:

"you better be telling the truth!! anyway Ruby my lady you are grounded!! I give you 5 minutes maximum to say goodbye and then you are coming in right away!" she said and got in the house

" wow!! how did you convice her so easily?? are you a vampire that can compell peolple to believe anything he tells??" I asked and laughed.He opened his mouth as if he was about to reveal his fangs and we laughed again!

"  In order to avoid another crisis from your mom I should better go...Had so much fun!" he said and softly kissed me on my forhead

"I did too!" I said without realising it. At the end I did have fun ,appart from the part where I though that I would die in a desert of course but what the hell!