New Discoveries

Your eyes were almost glued shut when you woke up the next morning from all the crying you had done the night before. It took you a second to realize where you were. You had gravitated towards Kylo in the night and your head was resting on his chest. He still had his hands above him resting under his head. You slowly, and carefully moved and got out of bed being successful in your attempt not to wake him.  

You stood by the edge of your bed just mesmerized by his sleeping figure. He was so large that his feet hung over the bed and you watched the rise and fall of his chest as he let out slow, sleepy breaths. His brows were furrowed slightly and his lips pursed. He looked calm, peaceful, like nothing in the world was troubling him. You knew that wouldn't last long once he woke up.

This was also the first time he ever stayed the night at your place. It was a different feeling waking up in your own space. Kylo's penthouse had begun feeling like a second home to you but you still felt out of place sometimes. It was a strange feeling seeing him sleeping in your bed. The bed that was your comfort for so many late-night cries, your table for many meals, and a safe space for other extracurriculars. It was where you felt most at home when you first moved to the city. Now, the one man who has made you feel something is sleeping away in it peacefully and somehow that feels right.

A low grumble in your stomach made you aware of your hunger so you made your way to the kitchen to whip up some eggs and toast. You felt ten times better than you did yesterday and the day before that and you were ready to be at 100% again.

You heard footsteps and looked up to see Kylo already looking like he was ready to go. Your heart sunk a little from the thought of him desperate to leave you.

"Good morning," you said, voice still a little stuffy from your cold. "Will you have some breakfast before you go?" You looked at him hopeful, and to your surprise, he sat next to the place you had set for yourself.

"Thank you...for last night," you said, making conversation while cooking his food. "It meant a lot, you being here." You looked back at him and he was already texting furiously on his phone. You figured he didn't even hear you.

You sat the plate in front of him which un-glued him from his phone. "Thank you," he said, as you sat down next to him and began eating. He was multitasking like usual, texting in between bites.

"Do you have to go to work today?" You asked seeing how busy he already was after just waking up.

"Mhmm," he responded, taking another bite of his food and finishing his plate. "I should probably get going." He stood up taking his empty plate over to the sink.

"Ok," you said, sadder than you anticipated. He looked at you for a moment, meeting your eyes, and you couldn't help but see the glint of fear in his eyes. You found that strange for the moment. What would he be afraid of?

You followed him towards the door, opening it for him, and leaning against its edge as he walked through the frame. He stopped to turn back.

"It meant a lot to me too," he said, placing a kiss on your cheek before heading down the stairs and out of sight.

He had heard you.

-

-

-

Once things were somewhat back to normal and you were feeling better, Kylo asked you to meet him at his office for lunch. Ever since Thanksgiving he'd been crazy busy with work and you hadn't seen him that much since. Poe and Finn returned with good wishes from your mom and plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers. And Rey was still busy shooting.

You were busy at work with lots of shoots for the upcoming holiday and it felt good to be given more responsibility and to be trusted more and more with bigger projects. Today was no different and because of it, you were already running late to meet Kylo.