Ch 14: Date Night

~Kaito's pov~

I still can't believe I am together with Maki. I mean I thought I would never get together with her. And she's an angel in my eyes. I am going on a date with her tonight. As unexpected of me, I will wear a tuxedo and black pants. Now I'm wondering what I should bring her? A knife with my signature on it or a bouquet of flowers? I think the knife will be just fine. Maki has found a job perfect for her. Assassination is the major of Maki so she got a job as an assassin. So I'm pretty sure the knife will make a good present. Although I'm not completely onboard with the idea of her becoming an assassin, I will still suppport her. I got ready and started wrapping the knife in wrapping paper an to finish it up put a ribbon and bow on it. I looked at the time. Shit! I'm late!. I was supposed to meet Maki in 10 minutes. I ran out of my hotel room and started running towards the restaurant with the gift in hand.

~ 10 minutes later~

I finally arrived after none stop running at the restaurant called Sunset. Maki was at the entrance and doesn't seem to notice me. I hid the gift in my pocket and walked up to her huffing and puffing.

"Huff,Puff"

Maki noticed me and started to talk to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'll be fine"

Maki looked absolutely gorgeous in the red dress. I wish I could compliment her but I'm too busy still catching my breath. After finally catching my breath, I humbly bowed.

"Let's go in, shall we?"

Maki blushed. At the sight of that I chuckled. We entered the restaurant and was greeted by bright lights and the smell of delicious food. We took a table on the top floor, by the balcony so we could see the moon and the stars.

"You look gorgeous, Maki-roll"

Maki chuckled and kissed me.

"You look handsome as well"

I blushed. Before we could do anything else, the waiter showed up and handed us the menu. I ordered a dark coffee and Maki ordered a chocolate milkshake. When our drinks came in, I started to talk.

"So how is the job?" I asked.

"Not bad. I had a few people hire me" she replied.

"So did you.....kill people on the job?" I asked hesitantly.

Maki made eye contact with me and I looked away from her.

"Come on Kaito, you know that's my job"

"But still........... Here" I handed her the gift.

Maki took the present and had just started to open it when the waiter came in with the check.

"Open that when you get home" I held her hand.

"Ok"

We payed for the check and I walked her to her room Then I kissed Maki and said bye. Afterwards I went to my own room and changed and got ready for bed.

~Maki's pov~

After Kaito had walked me to my room, I went in and started to open the present Kaito had given me. A knife with his signature on it? How thoughtful of him. I smiled and placed it on my nightstand. I got changed and ready for bed.

A/N Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed. I have no comments for this (yet). Peace ✌️.