Ch 20: In The Dead Of Night

~Shuichi's pov~

After the whole incident yesterday, it got me thinking. Why does this person want revenge? My head hurts from thinking about it too much. I put the piece of paper down and thinked. I need to relax and have fun. I'll ask Kaede to go with me to some place to eat. Wait am I asking her out? That shouldn't be wierd since we are together. I texted her.

Shuichi: hey Kaede. Wanna go to some place to eat tonight, if you are free?

Kaede: yeah sure. Is this a date?

Shuichi: only if you want it to be.

Kaede: then it's a date. What time?

Shuichi: 7 pm. I'll come pick you up.

Kaede: yay! Can't wait.

Shuichi: ok see ya then.

Kaede: bye. Love you 😘

Shuichi: love you too 😘♥️

At least with this, I can take my mind off of everything. I fall on the bed and closed my eyes and rested.

~Timeskip~

I yawned as I woke up from my nap. I looked at the time. It was 17:55. I stretched and got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. After my shower I picked out a nice outfit to go with the date.' A tuxedo will be nice, right?' I thought. I put it on and inspected myself in the mirror. I look nice, I just hope Kaede will like it. I looked at my phone and the time was 16:30. I shouldn't take too long. I got out of my house and texted Kaede where we should go. It was a place just 4 blocks down so I'll pick Kaede up and head there. I started to walk down to Kaede's house to pick it up.

I'm at the door and nervous about knocking. I hesitantly knocked on the door and waited. 

"Coming!" A shout could be heard.

The door swung open to reveal Kaede in a pink dress with stars on it. She wore heels not too high but not too low either. She had done her makeup and was looking gorgeous. I blushed and stared at her.

"Uh Shuichi your staring" Kaede implied.

"Sorry" I said, still blushing

"You ready?" Kaede asked.

"Of course, never more ready" I said.

We started to walk down to the small restaurant. As soon as we arrived Kaede's eyes started to shine.

"I'm so excited for this, our first date" Kaede's eyes literally glowed.

I chuckled. She can be so cute when she is childish. While Kaede is still gawking at the fact that this her first date, I went ahead and onto our reservation.  

"Come on, Kaede your gonna lose your first date if you're gonna be like this" I shouted, rushing inside quickly.

"Hey no fair your didn't even give me a heads up!" Kaede shouted back.

We literally ran to our table, trying to beat each other. I placed first followed by a panting Kaede.

"I win" I said.

"Hahah I won't lose next time" she said proudly.

We both sat down on each opposite end of the table. The waiter came to us and handed us the menu.

"I will take a chocolate milkshake and sausages" Kaede said practically drooling. (Real life fact .I love this combination)

" And I will take the the vanilla milkshake and the fish burger" I said handing the waiter the menu.

"Of course" And with that the waiter left to go and attend to other matters.

"So what have you been up to" I started the conversation.

"Oh you know, I'm hanging out with Miu and well it's been going well" she replied.

"I see, have you been hanging out with Maki lately?"

"Nah not that much. Since she's always busy with Kaito" Kaede laughed.

"Haha they are so cute together" I smiled.

"Yea they are. So did you know that the whole group has been shipping us?"

We chatted like this until the food finally arrived. The waiter placed the food Infront of us and left.

"Finally the delicious food is here" Kaede said, drooling.

"Hope you enjoy, it's all on me" I replied, digging into my burger.

"Of course I will" Kaede said happily.

While eating, I sneakily looked at Kaede's dish and smirked. I hastily grabbed one of the sausages and put it in my mouth.

"Hey no fair" Kaede said pouting. She started drinking from my milkshake.

"Hey....... I liked it" I said, disappointingly.

"Now we are even" Kaede smirked at me.

We started to talk about random topics. Minutes felt like seconds as they passed by until it was 11:00. 

"We should probably go home now" I said staring at my phone.

"Agreed" Kaede replied.

I paid the check and we walked, talking until Kaede's house. After reaching her house, she planted a small kiss on my cheek. 

"Well bye. I'll miss ya!" she shouted.

"Bye, I'll miss you too, love you!" I shouted back.

I started walking back to my house. As I walked, I thought about Kaede. ' she's so sweet and cute, I could just fly away with her'. I thought about the kiss on the trip and how much I wanted more. I shook those thoughts about her away. I cannot defile her with these dirty thou-

"Aaaaaaaaah!"

I was suddenly attacked by a hooded man. He held a knife and swinged it at me. I managed to dodge it but he still manages to slice my left arm. I hissed. I pushed him away and he got knocked into the floor. While he was recovering; I started to run, blood still leaving my arm. I finally reached my house and slammed the door and locked it. I went to the  nearest bathroom and took out my med kit. I started treating the wound and bandaging it up. I laid down on my back on the bad and groaned. 'What did I do to deserve this?'. That was my last thought before I fell asleep.

A/N heya, I am so tired nowadays so that's it for this episode. Bye hope you enjoyed this ep.