𝙊 𝙣 𝙚

Growing up you see children playing together and these happy families laughing together, it would always make me wonder why me

Growing up you see children playing together and these happy families laughing together, it would always make me wonder why me. Why couldn't I have a happy family with parents who cared about me in the slightest sense. It's definitely true what they say is you don't choose family, family chooses you because this is not what I asked for. I mean I asked for a complete opposite family, not that I could talk but you know what I mean.

Anyway back to reality, I'm currently looking at myself in the mirror. My shirt is lifted up and I can see all my scares some fresh and some old. I've never seen my body without them so I don't really know what my body truly looks like. I think it looks horrible and I hate the way my body looks. Though from what I can see is a broken little girl longing for anyone to love her.

I just got my daily beating from my stepfather or how he likes to call it punishment. For what you may ask well I couldn't tell you but he did say something about the cereal I gave him being too sweet. Where was my mom in all this well she was eating her own cereal staring off into space, I guess that's just what drugs do to you.

You're probably wondering how I can be so calm in these types of situations well first I've been through worse a lot worse and second, all I've ever know is abuse. I'm just waiting for one day when the police show up at my door saying they're dead.

My daily routine is quite simple in fact every day I wake up at 5:30 to make my ungrateful parents or as I like to call them birth giver 1 and sperm donor. Yes, I do in fact know that I have a real father but my stepfather Nolan wants me to call him dad which I don't understand since dads aren't supposed to do the things he does to me. So I resort to sperm donor.

After I make breakfast I get my daily beating for god knows why while my mother is high as a kite staring off into space. At this point, I've given up on asking mommy if she's gonna protect me from the big meanie. The thing is honestly I've given up on everything and I'm tired. I'm trying really hard though. After the beating, I go to school fend off some bullies and go home get another beating, clean cuts, and repeat.

I'm broken out of my thoughts as I'm getting ready for school when I hear the doorbell ring.

I look through the peephole and find two police officers. Wonder if there here to bust Nolan for his gang and drug possessions, I wish.

I open the door and the police officers are giving me sad looks and pity. I raise an eyebrow at that.

"Can I help you with something officers" again they look at me with pity, like damn just spit it out "Miss I'm sorry to inform you but your mother and stepfather have passed away in a car accident"

Wow. I'm really shocked not that they died, I could care less, but the fact I predicted how they died. I have powers or something.

After a while, I realized I'm just standing there with my mouth open.

"Where am I gonna go" they looked at me in shock. Were they expecting tears or a breakdown cause I'm a great actress and can easily give that to them.

"On our way there we had our lab run your mother's DNA through our national database and found you had brothers, that live in New York". Huh, New York I always wanted to go there Florida isn't all that fun anyway. I'm not surprised I have brothers I barely knew my mom but what I did know was secrets were like her identity

"Ok, well I'm going to pack a bag. When is my flight?" Not like there's much to pack anyway. "Your flight is in two hours" with that I ran upstairs to the attic.

I grabbed all my clothes which mostly contained hoodies and sweatpants and shoved them in my worn-out suitcase. I stuffed all my emergency cash and cell phone into my carry on bag. I grabbed all my books, there's like 4 books in total, including my favorite book harry potter.

Once I got pretty much everything, running downstairs I jump into the police car. I've been in a police car a few times there not actually that bad. If you were wondering where I got emergency cash is from underground fighting and doing deeds for Nolan and his gang. He never knew I took some money but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, well he's dead so not like he can do anything.

When we arrive at the airport the officers escort me till we get to my gate and I board the plane. Apparently, my brothers are rich since they got me first-class tickets. They're probably in a mafia or something. On the way here the officers told me they owned a series of hotels and casinos, apparently called the Ferrari's empire, very original I may add (note the sarcasm).

I look out the window until I fall asleep.

I'm woken up by a loud voice on the intercom.

"Ladies and gentlemen and non-binary we have arrived in New York if you would please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for turbulence. Thank you". I look out my window and see the city that never sleeps it amazes me.

As we land I get a feeling as though a storms brewing and I don't know whether its a good or bad feeling about.