Chapter 11: Lion and Zebra

(Y/n) slept on the edge of the toilet bowl that night, cradling her head in her arms, allowing her to wake up and spew whatever remained in her gut safely into the pisser with no concern of getting any on the floor.

Katsuki sat close by, keeping an eye on her. (Y/n) ended up forcing him to leave the bathroom with tear-stained eyes, closing the door and locking it once he was out, giving herself much-needed privacy. Katsuki allowed that much, feeling an odd sort of guilt rising in his stomach. Did he go too far this time? Seeing the worn and dazed look on (Y/n)'s face, not even wanting to look in his direction, right before she slammed the bathroom door shut made him think so. Any other time, she wouldn't have gotten away with such an action, but given the circumstances, Katsuki somehow knew she would react this way. He sat outside the bathroom on the carpeted floor for the rest of the night, dozing off as much as he could with the sound of (Y/n) occasionally puking behind him.

***

Katsuki called in sick from work the next day, so he could stay home with (Y/n). Maybe it was out of pity. She didn't care. She didn't want to be around him.

With no more energy left in her to continue retching, all of her stomach's contents long-gone, she carefully and slowly opened the bathroom door, peering out. The rising sun created a charming, light blue haze around the bedroom, but somehow it just made (Y/n) feel worse. Katsuki wasn't around. She heard the sound of silverware in the distance; he was cooking. The food he cooked was always delicious, filling the penthouse with the scent of mouth-watering spices, but right now, she couldn't find it in her to appreciate the small luxury. She grimaced as she slowly made her way to the living room, her legs and pelvis sore.

***

The hero's back was to her as he prepared miso soup, always making much more than necessary so that (Y/n) has something to eat on nights Katsuki is much too tired to cook. Katsuki glanced over his shoulder at the quietly approaching (Y/n) before focusing back on the meal. She looked fucking awful, but he wasn't about to tell her that. Besides, he had news for her.

He turned, bringing the dishes of food towards the kitchen island, giving (Y/n) a glance before gesturing her to come over with his finger. (Y/n) stared stupidly, unsure of what he meant. He walked over to the other side of the island, taking a seat and looking to her expectantly. (Y/n) watched him from her spot in the living room, unmoving. Katsuki made a face, making her feel even worse.

"Are you going to sit down or just fuckin' stand there?" He gestured once more for her to come over, but (Y/n) felt like it was all a trap. She wasn't allowed in the kitchen. The both of them know that, so why are they now suddenly acting like the rule doesn't exist?

(Y/n) remained standing in the living room, staring at Katsuki. She saw Katsuki start to get up from his seat, an annoyed expression on his face, and that was when she finally moved quickly to sit down at the island across from him. Katsuki sat back down and pointed to the second bowl on the table.

"Eat," he said, already digging into his own breakfast.

(Y/n) did exactly what he told her and began to quickly scarf down chunks of fish, her anxiety much too obvious. Katsuki didn't comment on it, though. She wasn't actually hungry, just afraid of repercussions of not listening to him.

The pair ate in silence, Katsuki staring down (Y/n) the entire time. She avoided eye contact, looking at the tiled floor. There was no evidence of the mess she made yesterday, but she still remembered it. Katsuki still remembered, too. When said man saw (Y/n)'s eating start to slow down, he reached down and pulled a cellphone out of his sweatpants pocket, tossing it onto the middle of the table. It slid towards (Y/n), stopping near her. She swallowed what she was chewing, eyeing the device before looking up at Katsuki. He was still eating, watching her.