Chapter 28

Artemis' Pov

Gasps fill up the entire room once I make the declaration, the rest of the elders rising to their feet immediately except for one. Annoying voice's eyes widen as he stares at me in shock, his lips trembling and heart pounding with fear.

I smile moving back to my position at the center of the room and clasp my arms behind my back, making sure to focus my attention on the stunned elders.

"You are such a badass." Selena's excited voice floats through the link and I look over my shoulder to see her giving me a thumbs up with a grin spread across her face and I smile, shaking my head.

"That's impossible." He whispers jaw still dropped and I shrug gesturing to myself.

"Well here I am."

The shock slowly turns to a glare, raising a shaky finger in my direction as he scowls. "Do you really expect me to believe that someone like you could hold up the Alpha position?"

I shrug again not bothering to acknowledge the blunt insult. "Better believe it."

"You--"

"Calm down Raymond." A smooth husky voice speaks and I snap my eyes to the voice, sitting calmly at the right end corner of annoying voice side.

He observes me with intelligent green eyes, tilting his head to the side before a slow smirk creeps on his face.

"Well I'll be damned." He mutters, staring at me before he chuckles. "This should be interesting."

I stare blankly at him, wondering what he means by that and he smiles, this time genuinely at me before rising to his feet. "Alpha Artemis right?"

I nod and he grins. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Abner, the first elder of the werewolves."

He is the first elder? Regarding him with a look that screams bullshit but then again he does look to be intelligent.

He raises his brow observing me for a minute and then smiles. "You don't seem to believe me Alpha Artemis. Isn't that so?"

I shrug. "Doesn't matter what I believe and I'm not interested in introductions. I came here for a reason and I wish to accomplish that."

Raymond growls causing a slight shake in the building. "The disrespect of this insolent girl!"

Red growls in my head and I take in deep breaths to calm myself and her so I don't do something I'll regret. Opening my eyes, I see Abner gauging my reaction but I ignore the look focusing my attention on the jerk.

"You called me here to find out whether the rumors of midnight fall pack having an Alpha is true or not and here I am. So now that I have shown myself can we discuss the attacks happening in the packs." I end making sure to fix him a hard glare, daring him to speak up and he purses his lips looking away from me.

This is a complete waste of time and if they can't get over the fact that I'm an alpha then they can suck it up.

Abner nods, a frown on his face as he takes his seat. "Very well then, please take your seat so the discussions can start."

Sending him a grateful nod, I look around to find everyone staring at me with shock, disgust, lust and other expressions that their dumb faces can make.

Once seated, the person next to me shifts around to face me, stretching out his hand for a handshake a cheeky grin on his face. "Hi, I'm Jeremy."

I stare at him and he gasps totally forgetting about personal space as he leans forward looking into my eyes. "Your eyes are so cool." And he pouts, lowering his head. "I wish I had some."