Ch. 113: Please tell me I can buy sextoys?

"Is he in?"

Nina smilingly looked up from her computer screen and greeted Mackenzie with a wave. "For you, yes. For other human beings valuing breathing, no."
"Is it that bad today?" Mackenzie laughed at Nina's honest way of telling what she would be walking into.
"A courier came with some documents for him earlier, he's been in a rant tearing the place apart since."
"Should I bring coffee to calm the wild beast?"
"I'd bring a stun gun, but that's just me." Nina winked at Mackenzie and let her walk into Gareth's office unannounced like she always did.

Unannounced and unarmed.

Politely Mackenzie knocked before she opened the door and walked in. She knew she did not have to; Gareth had told her she could enter at all times. Normally she did, it felt prudent to knock when he was in a fit. As much as she loved him, she would get pissy if she walked into a flying stapler or something.

"Is it safe?"

Gareth was on the phone talking fast in maybe Dutch or some Germanic language she did not speak. Without stopping to catch a breath he kept talking and waved her in pointing at the sofas.

No flying staplers was a good start.

Whatever was going on it had Gareth worried. He did not seem angry; he was not furiously rambling with undertones of death and destruction. He was concentrating, his brows were knitted together while he was thinking like mad and talking faster than she had thought possible.

It was all nonsense.

Gareth was listening to the man trying to explain why they had been looking into his companies. The acquisition company in Holland had been hired, supposedly by an anonymous third party, to look into several of Gareth's companies. They had found it strange because Gareth's companies were not subjects to possible share buyouts.

After having been hired twice to look into his companies, they had decided to contact Gareth about it. They had sent him reports and everything they had which Gareth had spent the morning going over.

There was nothing wrong with the reports, his companies were strong and legit; a simple search online would have revealed that Gareth held majority in all companies, and he had not once sold any shares. Why somebody would want thorough reports on companies they could not have, made him irritable.

And it had made the Dutch company wonder.

"I need a name," Gareth hissed in Dutch. His patience was running thin. They had contacted him and then they were dancing around.

He hated that.

Gareth was not one of those claiming his time was more valuable than other's, he just claimed it valuable to him and being bullshitted was not something he took lightly.

Shit or get off the potty!

He did not have time for the song and dance routine, he wanted facts and they should be presented promptly at his demand.

"Giovanni Campo of Banca Campo."

Oh!

Oh?

Gareth had not considered Giovanni at all. Why the hell would he have any interest in his companies? None of his was for sale, he was not looking for investors or had any major talent searches going for key jobs. Only major thing pending was the Niehauser deal, which was dragging out; not that it was a bad thing with Phoenix having been out of commission for so long.

It was good to have Phoenix back. It was good to see Jace improving. Whatever they had done to motivate Jace's recovery, it had worked. Jace could stand and walk... Ish.