Chapter 11

“Fletcher!” I heard coach yell and I ran up to him.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Why is the baseball team here?” Coach Dan asked me.

“They doubted our team so we need to show them what this team is made of. I invited them to see our practice and show them up.” I replied.

“Well, let's show them who we are!” Coach Dan said and I smiled and the girls and I jogged on to the field. 

“It’s about time your team showed up.” Bryce said and I just glared at him.

“Since you boys doubt this softball team we will be showing you our best pitchers and hitters and runners.” Coach Dan spoke. 

“Let’s see what you girls got.” Felix said.

“First up is Blaire and she’s going to pitch for you guys.” I said.

“C’mon babe!” Mark cheered for Blaire and Blaire smiled at him but put her game face on.

“You can do it, just remember the notes I gave you and you’re going to show these awful boys what you’re made of.” I motivated Blaire.

“Thanks Lily, I can show these boys what the varsity softball team can do.” Blaire said then went to the pitching mound.

She threw a perfect strike at a speed of 96mph. We cheered for her and put on her smirk and her last two pitches were perfect strikes and 98mph and 100mph. We cheered for Blaire and she did a curtsey in front of the boys. I high fived her and she stood next to Claire.

“We’ll have two of each category and the next person is Lily.” Coach Dan spoke and the girls cheered for me and the boys were still in shock from Blaire.

I got in my Zen zone and thought in my head, “You are the captain and leader for a reason. You are state champions for a reason!”

I threw my pitch into Grace’s glove and it was a strike and 98mph. I threw my second one and it was a curve ball and it was a strike and it was 105mph. My last one was always my strongest so I threw with all my might and it was an awesome strike and it was 118mph and it made Grace stumble and I smiled and did a small curtsey too and went back in line. Lexi and I high fived and I hugged Grace.

“Do you still doubt us or do we need to show you more?” I asked with a smirk on my face.

“We need to see more proof of this team.” Bryce said and the boys agreed.

“Fine, next is batting and that’s Lexi and Grace plus Gia and me.” I replied.

“Okay, we each get one pitch each.” Gia said and put on our helmets.

Blaire threw to Lexi and she hit in to the fence and it was so close to getting out of the park. Grace hit it towards center field and she smiled. Gia hit hers towards far left. I was next and I matched the ball with my bat and swung it and hit it all the way and out of the park. I ran the bases and high fived the girls and smirked at the guys.

“Need more proof?” I asked.

“Let’s see the speed.” George spoke out and I tied my shoe laces and so was Lizzie.

“Let’s show them Lily.” Lizzie spoke.

“Let’s do this.” I spoke.

We ran around the bases and we were being timed on how long we can do it and Lizzie dropped at ten minutes because she had breathing problems when she runs too much. I ran for 40 minutes until coach told me to stop so I did and I chugged my water to make sure I stayed hydrated.

“I’m impressed but just because you did all that doesn’t mean baseball is a girl’s sport.” Bryce said.

“You know what; we don’t care what your opinion is! It doesn’t matter what you think of us as because you know what? We are done with all the crap you say about girls because we can play a sport just as good as guys. So don’t act like your all high and mighty because you guys can be scared and not fearless and we can play baseball because your opinion doesn’t matter to my team or I. So cut the crap and go play your t- ball.” I said then walked into the locker room.

I stripped off my clothes and put on my jeans and t-shirt and my converse. I fixed my ponytail and tied my shoelaces and put my clothes in my locker.

“Hey Lily, thanks for saying that to the guys.” Tara said and I smiled.

“They needed to be put in their place.” I replied.

“Yeah, thanks for saying that because we really needed to show them off and we did and we don’t need to think about their opinions.” Rachel said.

“We shouldn’t care about what they say because we are all the same people and we can play baseball or any other sport. Just ignore what they say to you because it’s not true. I have to go to soccer practice I’ll see you guys later.” I replied then grabbed my bag and walked out of the room.

“Sorry.” I said as I bumped into someone. Then I looked up to see Bryce and I then spoke, “not.” I kept walking to my car and I saw Ethan there and I was literally going to be late to practice.

“What?” I asked annoyed.

“Are you really going to soccer?”

“Duh, see you at home.” I said then got in the car and drove off.

Hey guys! Check out my new book Just You but it’s the sequel to Surviving the Parkston boys so check that out too! Love you guys and hope you have a great morning or day or night! Happy Reading! <3