Chapter 12

“I’m back from soccer and softball!” I yelled as I hung up my bag and set down my softball and soccer bag.

“I’m in the kitchen with your dad.” My mom yelled and I went into the kitchen to see my mom and dad eating.

“Hi, is Ethan here?” I asked as I grabbed a Gatorade out of the fridge.

“He’s downstairs with Austin and Jake.” My dad said as he finished his burger.

“Did you have dinner or do you want a burger?” My mom asked as she sipped her tea.

“I ate with the team at Olive Garden.” I replied as I sat down.

“Sweetie, can I ask you a very important question?” My mom asked.

“Sure, am I in trouble?” I asked as I grabbed a french-fry from my dad’s plate and plopped it in my mouth.

“Your mom is trying to ask if Isabel and Ethan broke up.” My dad said.

“They are in a healthy relationship that wouldn’t happen.” My mom said as she sipped her tea then stood up.

“They actually broke up today…” I said and my dad started chocking.

“WHAT!?” My mom gasped and my dad was trying not to die of laughter.

“Honey, that is not funny!” My mom scolded.

“Sorry honey… I told you…I” Then he started laughing again getting some air once in awhile.

“How did you find out?” I asked as my dad stopped laughing and my mom was starting to start the dishes.

“They go out every Friday night after Isabel’s soccer practice and go out but today Ethan had Austin and Jake over so it was getting strange so I knew something was up with him.” My mom said then sighed.

My mom really liked Isabel for some crazy reason and I was so happy that they broke up because it was the best thing for Ethan and it always was. My mom liked Isabel and it was like she preferred her over me and it kind of hurt me in a weird and tingly way when my mom took Isabel shopping and not me… I guess I was just jealous that my mom cared more about her than me, her own daughter.

“How did they break up?” My mom asked sharply.

“Isabel cheated on Ethan with Finn.” I replied.

“Finn Henry, the son of Jackson Henry?” My mom asked.

“How do you known Jackson Henry?” I asked.

“He works at the company.” My dad said.

“Oh, I’m going downstairs to play my PS3.” I said and went to the basement where the boys were.

“Hey Lil.” Austin said as he tried to kill Jake in Modern Warfare 3.

“Hey guys.” I said as I realized that I left my PS3 in my room.

“What are you doing down here?” Ethan asked rudely.

“Geez, just because you broke up with someone doesn’t mean you need to be all pissed.” I said as I grabbed my sketchbook and went upstairs into the living room.

“Hi daddy.” I said as I sat next to him on the couch.

“Hi pumpkin, I thought you were going to play you PS3.” My dad said.

“Ethan’s being a poop head and my PS3 is upstairs.” I replied as I saw my dad was watching football.

“Is he still being grouchy and rude?” My dad asked as he sighed.

“Yeah, dad why don’t you go and rest?” I asked.

“I need to finish my work after the game.” My dad said as I put my head on his shoulder.

Then Jake and Austin came upstairs with Ethan trailing.

“Bye Mr. Fletcher see ya Lily.” Jake said.

“Bye Mr. Fletcher bye Lil.” Austin said.  

“Bye boys, have a nice night.” My dad said.

“See ya later.” I said as I kept sketching my drawing.

“Bye dad.” I heard Ethan say.

“Where are you going?” My dad asked as Ethan slipped on his shoes.

“Out with them.” Ethan said.

“No you’re not; you have been rude to every single person in your family so you are staying in this house for tonight. Say goodbye to your friends and you can do something else tonight in the house.” My dad said then stood up and left the room.

“That sucks dude, see you.” Jake said then did that bro hug that no girl understands why they do that and who made it, yea that one.

“Bye dude.” Austin said then did another bro hug and they left while Ethan chucked a shoe at me.

“Ow!” I shrieked.

“Ethan James Fletcher!” I heard my dad yell and he was pissed off because you do not throw a shoe at daddy’s little girl.

“What happened?” I heard my mom ask worried.

“Room now.” My dad said strictly and my face was throbbing.

Ethan walked to his room and my mom brought me ice and I felt like I was going to faint then everything went black.

CLIFF HANGER! Thanks for reading this chapter and I did some work on my profile and I hope you guys enjoyed it because I spent most of my dad getting a twitter, email and making my profile nice and clean. My email is Shcookies100@gmail.com if you guys want to send me covers and my twitter is also Shcookies100 so follow me! Happy Reading! <3