Chapter 8: Execution

This execution is based off of Sayaka Maizono's unused execution. For more information about it I recommend watching "Weeby Newz"'s YouTube video on the unused executions in the first Danganronpa game.

If there are any Sayaka fans reading this, I do apologise.

"BOSS! ONE'S COMING THIS WAY!"

As soon as that voice came seemingly out of nowhere, the camp went still. Everyone had stopped moving instantly. The music and chatting went silent. Even the nighttime forest animals were nonexistent. The crackling of the campfires also seemed to fade into silence. No one dared to move or speak. It was like being frozen in time. It was eerie to say the very least. Kaito glanced around seeing everyone having different expressions on their faces. Some were frightened while others were disgusted. Even Gonta's form seemed to be trembling. Maki stood as stiff as a statue. Kokichi however was smiling gleefully, something that shouldn't be here in this tense atmosphere. Something shot out towards the camp. Kaito tensed up, not sure if this was an attack or something else. It was a large ball of light. It didn't seem dangerous, but looks can be deceiving.

"What's going-" Kaito tried to ask, but his voice was stuttering.

"Oh boy! It's an execution!" Kokichi smiled, his innocent smile plastered on his face. Execution? An execution was going to happen? The orb stopped over the camp. It spun around for a few seconds before a rectangular light projected from it. It was just like a window. It showed the royal courtyard. It was painted black, making the night seem darker than it already was. People were crammed in, clearly forced against their will to be there in the first place. A wooden podium was in the centre. It had darken red patches on it, showing that it was permanently stained with goodness know how much of blood.

A girl was on the podium, her waist tied to a pole with her wrists handcuffed in front of her. She had long, sapphire blue hair that was held back by silver hair clips and blue eyes. Her face was decorated with eyeliner and blush. She wore an elegant white dress with a pink bow around her waist. She seemed like a performer. She was trembling so much that she was standing only because she was forced to. She had a frightened look on her face as all of the colour had drained from it.

The window then showed her standing on a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Queen Junko. Kaito expected her to dress regally and fully of elegance. However, while she seemed pretty looking, she looked like nothing more than chaos at the same time. Her thick strawberry blonde hair was tied back into two ponytails and had light blue eyes. Her outfit was what drew Kaito's attention the most. She were a black cardigan. The top half of her dress was white and showed some of her cleavage while the skirt of it was red. Half of her crown was white while the other side was black with a ruby imbedded in the centre. She didn't look like a queen to Kaito at all. Just some kid that was playing dress up or a rich kid that was trying and failing to be fashionable.

"Sayaka Maizono. You are charged with murder. How do you plead?" Junko announced, barely able to keep a psychotic smile off of her face as she pointed an impossibly long, pointed, red fingernail at the girl.

"Not guilty! It was an accident! I didn't-" Sayaka cried, desperate tears running down her cheeks. An accident? Surely that should be taken into account. That's what Kaito thought. If she explains what happened then she should have a chance to be spared. Right?

"No more begging! No more excuses! The blackened has disturbed the peace, and must now pay the price!" Junko shouted, her voice sounding way too formal than it should've been. Sayaka cried even harder as people from the crowd demanded that Junko should give her a chance. "Now let's give it everything we've got! IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" Junko slammed her hand hard on a red button that was perched in front of her. There was a loud rumble as something that represented a giant bear trap appeared around Sayaka. It was wide open, so far showing no signs of closing. But judging by the horrified look on Sayaka's face, she knew what was going to happen. However, she looked momentarily surprised when a bar appeared next to her.