Chapter 12: Training

Sorry if this chapter isn't my best. It was quite difficult for me to write it.

Some of what you will read is information I had got from this website: https://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/sword-fighting.html

Maki watched the world below her from where she was standing. Miu let her take a break from her duties so she decided to just watch the world go by. She found being so high up dizzying at first, but now she started to feel more relaxed. Maybe it was the sense of security up this high. Junko hasn't made anything like this so the likelihood of an attack is extremely slim. It gave them a great advantage just by being so high up here.

Maki didn't know why, but her mind wandered back to the night before when she was talking with Kaito. Who knew that the idiot who smiled a lot hid a lot of pain? Maki couldn't say that she didn't know what that was like, the pain of losing family. She could tell that Kaito hid it well. It's got to hurt a lot more though to keep it hidden. Something that she was familiar with. That's why she hesitantly gave him that hug. She had to do it before for somebody else. And then he got her flustered which broke the mood for her. She never got flustered with anybody before. Why did she do so last night?! It was so abnormal!

"Hey, Maki Roll." Kaito suddenly announced as he strode up to her.

"What do you want now?" Maki sighed. She hoped that Kaito didn't bring up that talk last night. The last thing she needed was to get all flustered again. She probably would never hear the end of it from him.

"I believe that you promised me a sword fighting lesson." Kaito smiled, tapping the sword that Kokichi had given him. Maki felt like a cheer went off in her head upon hearing that.

"That's right. I almost forgot. Wait here a minute." She said before she quickly ran off. She doubted that the ship had what she needed, so she hoped that Miu could help her out with that. She didn't have to look far as she found Miu in her workshop on the ship. It was filled with shelves full of various books, metals, wood, powders and minerals. Tools hung from hooks on a wall and diagrams and plans were scattered on a large table. At the centre of the workshop was a work bench. It was completely clear of anything. In chalk a circle with a star was drawn in the middle of the workbench. Miu was leaning over the workbench, seeming to be lost in thought until Maki knocked on the door.

"Miu, could you make something for me?" Maki asked as she stepped inside the workshop. Miu looked at her for a few seconds before standing up straight and stretching her back.

"What'd ya need?" She groaned as she stretched.

"Practice swords. Made of strong wood if possible." Maki instructed, looking at the different types of wood on the shelves.

"Ask me to flash my tits to your friend while you're at it too." Miu muttered as she grabbed some of the books off of a shelf. Ignoring Maki's glare, she scanned through the book, humming to herself as she found the right instructions. "What do you need swords like that for anyway?"

"Training." Maki stated as the alchemist grabbed the wood that she needed. She also grabbed a spare pair of goggles and trusted them into Maki's hands.

"Put these on otherwise you might damage your eyesight." She instructed as she slipped her own goggles onto her face. She waited until Maki secured hers on her head and placed the wood on the table. "So, you makin' a rebellion or something against the Queen of All Bitches, Junko?"

"Not exactly." Maki muttered, understanding where Miu was coming from on a way. She showed a lot of displeasure for Junko ever since Maki and Kaito boarded her air ship. The alchemist technically wasn't wrong. Maki was sent to kill Junko until she had messed up her mission.