Chapter 10: Air Ship

Thank you for the 200+ reads everyone 🥰

I don't think I did well with this chapter, but I'm probably being hard on myself or something. I hope you guys like it though.

Kaito's hands were red raw from the rope by time he pulled himself up onto the ship. He felt exhausted from the adrenaline rush that he and Maki had after running. His entire body felt like it was ready to give out. Hearing Maki about to pull herself onto the deck, Kaito grabbed her wrists to help get her to safety. Maki accepted the help, not wanting to fall to her death. As they caught their breath, they looked over the side of ship. As they looked down, the ship had rose higher and further away from the guards and Monokumas. They looked like nothing more than insects blending in with the forest below. They were quite surprised that they had gotten away so quick.

"Well, look what the fucking cat dragged in!"

Kaito and Maki turned to see two people approach them. A girl with strawberry blonde hair with two ahoges and blue eyes was the first that they noticed. She wore a white blouse with a pink waist coat, light blue shorts that reached mid thigh and black heeled boots. She wore black fingerless gloves and goggles on her head. Around her neck was something that looked like a chocker.

The boy next to her drew their attention the most however. At least, it seemed like he was a boy. His black clothing looked a lot more like metallic, armoured plating. His white hair appeared to be sharp, along like an ahoge and his eyes were blue. Black lines ran from his and down his cheeks to his chin. The pair looked quite odd to Kaito and Maki.

"Name's Miu, that's Keebo. Welcome aboard." The girl smiled, offering a hand out to her new passengers.

"Maki. The idiot is Kaito." Maki stated, hesitantly shaking Miu's hand.

"Hey! Would you stop calling me an idiot already?!" Kaito exclaimed, offended by what Maki called him. Maki ignored him. Kaito rolled his eyes and once again looked down at the world below them. The ground had gotten much further away at this point. "You just helped us escape from the royals guards and Monokumas. Aren't you worried about the Queen?"

"You kidding me?! So long as my ship is flyin', that bitch of a Queen has no fucking power over me!" Miu shouted, looking insulted by what Kaito had asked. "What the fuck are you running for anyway? You kill somebody?" Kaito rubbed the back of his neck as Maki shuffled her feet uncomfortably. They weren't quite sure how to answer those questions.

"So, can you help us?" Maki immediately asked, ignoring Miu's questions completely. She quickly searched through her rucksack and pulled out the coins that she had on her. "We need to get to the border." Miu and Keebo looked at each other. Kaito and Maki shared a worried glance. If those two decided not to help them, they could be facing a terrifying drop back down to Earth. Miu suddenly stepped forward and took the money out of Maki's opened hand. She looked at the contents inside, seeming to count the money in it. It wasn't all the money that Kaito and Maki had, only the coins that Maki had. They hoped that Miu didn't think to ask if there was more money, otherwise they'll be broke once they get back to the ground.

"We'll take you as far as we can until we gotta refuel." Miu finally said, pocketing the bag. Kaito and Maki felt relief wash over them. "But just because we're helping you, doesn't mean you're our guests! I'm not running a fucking five star hotel here! You gotta work for it! Got it?!" Sounds fair. They're being given a ride. How else to pay back their rescuers other than helping to keep the ship flying and giving them money?

"Yes Ma'am." Kaito said, suddenly feeling excited. He might actually like being this high up. It'll give him a better view of the stars at night.

"Don't get smart with me, dickcheese!" Miu suddnly remarked, not holding back the insult.